Sudbury to Sault St. Marie

jvwillms

Does anybody have any info on the D trail by Espanola and the D trail from Spanish to Elliot Lake? Im thinking of doing a loop ride from Sudbury the Salut St. Marie via Manitoulin on the way there and Aubry Falls on the way back.

Rode from Elloit Lake to the Soo on Monday . Lots of snow but a mix bag of rain and wet snow . Sunday we rode from Sudbury to Elliot Lake and the D was awsome . The OFSC showed the D from Spanish up to Elliot Lake as closed so we ran the F. Check to make sure both ends of the island are open as you will have to double back to get of the island . The D trail is a wide and fast for the most part. The trail to Aubry Falls from Searchmont is tight and twisty but fast from there to Elliot Lake.

Thanks Mark,

Ya i checked with Gordon's lodge on the island and they said it was staked the whole way across to the north channel and that lots of sleds have come across. The OFSC map is misleading and Im wondering if the spanish club has just not posted it open for some reason.

Thanks Mark,

Ya i checked with Gordon's lodge on the island and they said it was staked the whole way across to the north channel and that lots of sleds have come across. The OFSC map is misleading and Im wondering if the spanish club has just not posted it open for some reason.

It is posted open now. i rode that area a few weeks back and the D is not open, but take the F it was great. I hope to get out to the Island this weekend.

It is posted open now. i rode that area a few weeks back and the D is not open, but take the F it was great. I hope to get out to the Island this weekend.

By the looks of things - you don't really need an ice bridge to git to the island eh?

It is not being groomed, but there is not many sleds running. Guess it is like up north where they are no longer grooming multiple routes. I guess we will be glad that a route still does exist. I like the lakes anyway and there are a bunch of different ways to go back and forth at the southern end of the F which goes to Spanish and Massey. Study the routes and you can change that part up many ways.

Archived