Need some local advice. Haliburton

Just looked it up. Pond hockey only on weekends

I was told all week this afternoon? I see the schedule indicates weekends. I know our ATV club is there all week until next weekend. They could be working on the pads. Either way..access to parking will be very limited, with all the equipment there.

You might not find parking there with all the equipment, tents set up. Try the alternates I mentioned. Our clubhouse is a safe spot. It's at 171Mallard Rd in the Haliburton Industrial Complex.

Fred...any idea if I can cut across Barnum lake and get to the rail trail?

Don't trust Barnum Lake. There are springs that feed the lake and create weak spots all over.

Hi Fred. I'm generally quite comfortable on ice, just don't know the area. Is there a way to get on kashawawigamog and it is safe to boot around on? The cottage I am at doesn't appear to have access.....

If you can scoot over to Wig a mog Inn you can jump on the ice there. You might find some slush out front of the inn but its generally pretty thick by now. Just be careful if you run towards Haliburton into grass lake. The bridge into Haliburton is covered just barely. Stay away!

Thanks everyone. If u ever need local port carling info just let me know!

Thanks to all for your help. I had a great ride up b to Whitney on B, then back down 718 etc to E, then back to haliburton. Saw all kinds of conditions including an awesome 45 minutes of 18 inch fresh powder on a wide trail all to myself! Thanks to all the clubs on my route...great job guys and much appreciated! Nice 5 hr ride

Sounds like you had a great day, glad to hear that it worked out well.

Sure did. This old body is feeling a few of those bumps now thou.....oh we'll, Johnny will take care of that!

You've earned some Blue Label. :)

Hey guys. It looks like people run up kashagawigamog lake and get off at rpm. Safe to do that? I see the water beyond that.....

Up until last week it wasn't so safe but we had some extreme cold...so it's probably good until that point. Don't go too much further. There is a HCSA trail you can pick up if you go through the RPM lot and turn right when you exit..goes into town..some minor road running over the bridge into town but then you can go to the B103 from there or Head lake.

Hey guys. It looks like people run up kashagawigamog lake and get off at rpm. Safe to do that? I see the water beyond that.....

How are the trails looking? Can you keep me informed on the weather while you are up there? I am planning on this weekend, so I am there is enough snow.

Hey guys have a trip to the Haliburton Forest and surrounding OFSC trails hows the trails holding up in the rain

Hey guys have a trip to the Haliburton Forest and surrounding OFSC trails hows the trails holding up in the rain

I just posted a reply in the forum on Dorset...basically, light rain here tonight so far.... Nothing at all today all day and it stayed On the minus side of zero. We'll have to see how tomorrow plays out. We did get 6" of snow yesterday which will help greatly!!!! If we can keep it.

Check back here tomorrow night or Thursday after this rain and warm up passes.

Ditto what Fred said. Trails are in decent shape as of tonight, but tomorrow will be the real test......I must say there was a lot more snow closer to Whitney thou...mink lake etc was awesome on Monday

Thanks guys ill check back here tomorrow night and maybe call the forest thursday not that i can cancel lmao....

Thanks guys ill check back here tomorrow night and maybe call the forest thursday not that i can cancel lmao....

Just remember the Forest will always tell you conditions are better than they really are too...it's a business and they play up their trails. On the flip side...there are some great trails and things to see in there and if conditions are good well worth the trip.

Ok guys how did the snow manage through all that rain and the forcast has snow in the future what do you think

Ok guys how did the snow manage through all that rain and the forcast has snow in the future what do you think

Have a look at my pics in the "pinned" topic at the top of the HCSA thread...HCSA STATUS...basically NO.

The base is there..but that's it for now. Lakes have several inches of water on them..no lube

There is snow in the forecast...pray for lots.

Ditto wha Fred said. The 3 ft snowbanks I shovelled to make an ice rink yesterday are all gone! I can't believe how much water is on the lake....4 inches in some spots....pray for a foot of snow in the next two days.....

Ditto wha Fred said. The 3 ft snowbanks I shovelled to make an ice rink yesterday are all gone! I can't believe how much water is on the lake....4 inches in some spots....pray for a foot of snow in the next two days.....

Do you know how the trails held up?

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Wild Moose any good? I see it is off of Trail 7.

If you find it open...every time I've gone to eat there its closed. The whole Wig A Mog inn keeps getting into a mess. It needs somebody local or at least in Canada to run it. Offshore interest keeps buying it and trying to run it and it ends up becoming a mess. That in turn does not help biz for the Wild Moose.

If you find it open...every time I've gone to eat there its closed. The whole Wig A Mog inn keeps getting into a mess. It needs somebody local or at least in Canada to run it. Offshore interest keeps buying it and trying to run it and it ends up becoming a mess. That in turn does not help biz for the Wild Moose.

always has been that way

It was closed when I went by there on Sunday in fact it seemed like the whole Wig a Mog was closed again?

Archived