Hailburton forest update Fred!

Viperules700

They are reporting fair to good conditions still? Is this even possible? Thinking about booking in there next week for a ride.

We were there on Thursday and given the weather we had this weekend I'd say no way can the conditions be fair to good. Maybe poor to fair. Some of the trails were already marginal before the rain and warm weather. Unless we get some good snow fall this week I think I'd hold off on going.

We were there on Thursday and given the weather we had this weekend I'd say no way can the conditions be fair to good. Maybe poor to fair. Some of the trails were already marginal before the rain and warm weather. Unless we get some good snow fall this week I think I'd hold off on going.

Thanks for the update. They really like to playup the conditions there. Keep waiting for more snow.

Never trust their self proclaimed trail conditions..ever. The whole area needs more snow. Badly. We are going to be starting from ground zero.

Even lakes that are ten inches thick are not solid ice. The ice that is there is like a thick slushy. It might be ten inches...but nowhere near solid.

They are the only show in town

The mild weather over the past 3 days has not done too much damage to our trail infrastructure. We did retain our base and even received some fresh snow over-night. Presently visitors can expect to encounter fair to good snowmobiling conditions. Cold weather throughout the week as well as continued snow will improve conditions further. Our groomers are full out and some lakes remain staked.

and it seems to snow there every day.

They might be the only show in town right now but you're wasting your money unless we see some more snow. The only thing going for them above local club trails is that their base would have been salvaged, whereas the rest of the area has had the base really beaten down. Since Sunday..there has been but a skiff of snow. There is snow in the forecast for the end of the week and into the weekend. They might have enough to groom with at that point.

This area lost a vast majority of its snow! I spoke to a club volunteer last night who was working on a bridge yesterday and he was amazed at the state of the trails. Just before the rain came we were brushed, signed, and had packed all trails...we're just waiting for a few more inches!

They are getting several ATVers in there now!

Listen to Freddy!!!

Even if you waste your fees to the forest, the damage to your sleds, and the cost of the trip will make the whole experience disppointing.

Maybe we need to have a place to post the TRUE HF conditions here so that our community does not get scammed by the HF snow fairies.

I was ridding there early this season against everyone's opinion of there ability of HF to assess there trail conditions

and found that it was great first ride of the season with no disappointment .There was no OFSC open and we easily got our 150kms in the forest and only saw 4-6 sleds all day.We were not scammed by snow fairies and suffered no damage to sleds.We may make the run up on Friday to put a few more kms on while we wait for the trails to open up again.Its better then nothing at all to ride on.

We are not suggesting that they never have good conditions, however many of have experienced an overstatement of the trail conditions within HF. You just need to be aware of the true conditions to better meet your expectations.

There was no overstatement of the trail conditions.I gave my report in the link above and HF was rated limited and that was what I found it to be maybe better because it was near empty.

There was no overstatement of the trail conditions.I gave my report in the link above and HF was rated limited and that was what I found it to be maybe better because it was near empty.

I guess they have to be right some of the time. Glad it worked out for you. Ride where you can!!

I guess they have to be right some of the time. Glad it worked out for you. Ride where you can!!

Let us know how your ride is on Friday?

Archived