good places to stay?

sleddinscott

hiya folks as you all know i am planning a rap tour and driving everyone nuts with questions. so here is the next....... planning on staying at mattawa golf n ski........pinestone in haliburton.......... not positive on 3rd yet thinkin northridge inn in sundridge or somewhere around kearny. will be all guys doing the trip so seperate beds will be needed. shoot me some opinions will be 4-6 guys

Sliver sands is great in kearny. Right on the D trail at sand lake. Jack Is an amazing cook. I highly recommend them. They have fuel too. Very nice, check out there website. They have cabins as well as motel rooms and thier own restaurant whiskey jacks. Food Is the best in the area.

well good enough for you good enough for me silversands it is. ever been to the other ones?

well good enough for you good enough for me silversands it is. ever been to the other ones?

Pinestone is good too. Right on trail 7.

come on i havent asked so many questions you are all out of answer or have i hmmmmmmm

come on i havent asked so many questions you are all out of answer or have i hmmmmmmm

Your suggestion of Northridge would get my vote. Good accomodations and wonderful dining. I've stayed there and would go back for sure.

If you're looking at Kearney, I would also suggest the Edgewater Park. I've only stopped there for meals but the welcome was warm and the food was good. Others on OC have stayed there and given it a thumbs up. Maybe they will chime in. http://www.edgewaterparklodge.com/

Your suggestion of Northridge would get my vote. Good accomodations and wonderful dining. I've stayed there and would go back for

sure.

If you're looking at Kearney, I would also suggest the Edgewater Park. I've only stopped there for meals but the welcome was warm and the food was good. Others on OC have stayed

there and given it a thumbs up. Maybe they will

chime in.

http://www.edgewaterparklodge.com/

My first choice would be sliversands straight across the lake. I stayed at edgewater last year and the accommodations were good. I would recommend going across the lake to sliver sands for your meals though, enough said.

I stayed at Edgewater a couple of times last year. Found it very good and food was great as well.

I stayed at Edgewater a couple of times last year. Found it very good and food was great as well.

Personal choice I guess. Did you ever eat at whiskey jacks across the lake?? I stayed in edgewater's new motel units and it was very comfortable. They have lots of trailer parking too, which is a bonus. I would stay here again and eat most of my meals across the lake. I might try thier restaurant again, since maybe they just had a bad day. Other thing to note Is there is no Internet in the rooms, only near the main lobby and restaurant. Same thing with cell service and no tv's or phones in the rooms either. Maybe this will change??

internet doesnt really matter food and a comfy bed my concern is making sure they have rooms wit 2 beds

Haven't tried Whiskey Jacks. You are correct about the internet though. Hopefully it will improve this year, though. It is of growing importance to me.

internet doesnt really matter food and a comfy bed my concern is making sure they have rooms wit 2 beds

The beds are excellent at the edge. All newly renovated. I had no issue's with the accommodations at all. It is a nice place. If the lake is frozen it Is a short hop across there to whiskey jacks restaurant at sliversands. I recommend eating there for supper.

My first choice would be sliversands straight across the lake. I stayed at edgewater last year and the accommodations were good. I would recommend going across the lake to sliver sands for your meals though, enough said.

edgewater has a new cook now so the food is better so i have heard, i haven't tried it yet, i was up a bunch of times this summer atving and never went there, i always eat @ Silversands

Haven't tried Whiskey Jacks. You are correct about the internet though. Hopefully it will improve this year, though. It is of growing importance to me.

REALLY???

On the RAP tour,we have stayed at Bears Den,Deep River..Good accom. and good food...Valois Motel & Restaurant,Mattawa.Same-good food and rooms...Best Western Lakeshore Rd,Northbay. Good food,rooms,POOL &HOT TUB,secure snowmobile lock-up area....... ENJOY your RAP Tour,We have done it three times now and maybe in a few more years would do it again...........derf.

• 3 weeks later...

im confused?

derf

fred

stay at a scuzzy motel

hey all

Confused..really?

Surprisingly I don't know Derf, although we live in the bustling metropolis of Algonquin Highlands.

Is your beer frozen out there in the wild west?

Archived