Long point to Elk Lake, Long Point to Sunshine lake road mowed

turbojamie

I forgot my camera this year, but dad and I were out last weekend mowing along the trails, we made two passes one each way lots of tag alders and crap grown up again. Horse loggers along the trail between long point and elk lake left a huge mess lots of tree's left laying on the road we cut up and moved off the trails. The trail is very tough and hard to pass along the beauty lake road for brushing purposes the terrain is quite rugged in there we were only able to make one pass in some places as we would have wrecked equipment forsure. Always a pleasure being up there!

Up next time around xmas hopefully we will have snow and be out packing!

we were biking this summer beween Elk Lake and Long point and thought we could see sections you had used the mower on last fall , makes a difference for sure , i believe Ron from gowganda said the club had bought a mower for the groomer for this season , those tag alders never seem to lay down unless they are cut

Spoke with Urs a few weeks back I "think" they are having one built, not sure if it attatches to the groomer or is done afterwards etc... I wish we lived closer or were up more as we would probably modify our mower and put it on skis, and make passes once the base was packed, or while out packing. Have to work at the trails when we have time which is limited. Maybe I'll win lotto max and be able to move up!

Too bad the trail is so rugged that more ATV traffic doesn't make it down, they sure help beat the brush down.

we were biking this summer beween Elk Lake and Long point and thought we could see sections you had used the mower on last fall , makes a difference for sure , i believe Ron from gowganda said the club had bought a mower for the groomer for this season , those tag alders never seem to lay down unless they are cut

We decided to put the mower attachment for the grooming tractor on hold until we see if permit sales pick up . It only takes around 5 weeks to build so we have a few weeks to a month to decide. Sooo.... if you still need a season pass and do some riding in our area we would love to sell you one. :poke2: This attachment is pretty sweet. After you have made your first pass with the groomer you hook the mower attachment up and run the trail again cutting all the tag alders on the ground as well as the branches reaching in on the sides. One pass and the trail is good for the season .

Ron

Thanks for your hard work. What are your trail pass sales looking like this year compared to the past few?

probably lots of guys waiting till nov 30

Hopefully that's the story..

No incentive to buy earlier this year, so that is part of the reason. Warm here in the south, so people are sitting on the fence.

I think people are willing to hold out until the snow finally come this year. A few people I have talked to are doing just that.

I think people are willing to hold out until the snow finally come this year. A few people I have talked to are doing just that.

Some dealers are swamped with inventory. Dealer keeps calling me demanding payment and the unit isn't even pdi yet. They wanted me to pay full balance before I even get the unit. Not impressed. I am hoping the unit is ready as promised on Saturday and once everything is ok, I will give them the payment. Never had this happen before. Simone must be calling then demanding money.

I was talking trail passes.

Buying mine next week. Why pay more??

Archived