Is it worth the drive to Muskoka?

extreme600

Hey guys and gals. Looking at the forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday look a little grim. Do you think that we would be wasting our time driving to Gravenhurst for Tuesday to Thursday?? Unfortunately those are the only days I am off work.

Hey guys and gals. Looking at the forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday look a little grim. Do you think that we would be wasting our time driving to Gravenhurst for Tuesday to Thursday?? Unfortunately those are the only days I am off work.

start in g-h & head north...N.bay not gettin rain tues....you know nobody will be on trails...

Probably better off not having anyone on the trails Tues. Wed. to preserve the good base we're building. Yes Gravenhurst got hit hard the other night and yes there's lots of snow but we all know what happens when riding trails on warm days. The trails were awesome today, freshly groomed and lil traffic...... I love week day riding

Probably better off not having anyone on the trails Tues. Wed. to preserve the good base we're building. Yes Gravenhurst got hit hard the other night and yes there's lots of snow but we all know what happens when riding trails on warm days. The trails were awesome today, freshly groomed and lil traffic...... I love week day riding

No worries guys. I won't be able to come up till at least Friday. So actually it works out good. Besides I would NEVER run on the trails during a warm spell.

Thanks for the info guys. Keep your fingers crossed.

We have to wait and see , the warmth and freeze again could turn the trails into concrete with no lube , time will tell

MM can u keep us updated on whats going on up there,will be in Huntsville as of thurs for the weekend need to know to bring sleds or just go sleep at the Boiler Room.

,Well Lep , its atough call , it going to drop tonight , if there is some soft snow on top to groom then things will be great , but if it is just the base left then not so good , we lost a lot of snow last night , Im sure you know this weekend in huntsville is Kelly shires run all the trails around there will be rough , Im going out tommorrow Am for a run ,will report later on if that is any good to you , Im thinking Gowganda next week if the Ctrail is connected

,Well Lep , its atough call , it going to drop tonight , if there is some soft snow on top to groom then things will be great , but if it is just the base left then not so good , we lost a lot of snow last night , Im sure you know this weekend in huntsville is Kelly shires run all the trails around there will be rough , Im going out tommorrow Am for a run ,will report later on if that is any good to you , Im thinking Gowganda next week if the Ctrail is connected

Maybe see you out there tomorrow

Maybe see you out there tomorrow

Thanks MM. If you and/Blake could give us an accurate update tomorrow night that would be great. Man this season is so up and down it sucks!!! Usually I am a big fan of up and down. LOL

Coming across the lake today was "slop" so if we do get the -9 tonight and the -15 Thursday night it's going to be rock hard, rough and no lube. No snow in the forecast until Monday. And I"m not sure I believe that because those guys can't forecast an hour out.

MuskokaMan is right - we lost a lot of snow overnight but it we can preserve some the groomers might be able to work a little magic.

Here's hoping for a good report from Blake and MM tomorrow !

Thanks guys....Mother Nature sure hasn't been very coopertive this year but there's still 8-12weeks yet lets hope.

I am at D trail and the Seguin now. Trails are all groomed and..h.h

in great shape little low on lube in spots. To hard posting on my phone on the trail. By for now

Im at Edgewater having lunch Trails up here are also good. The warm days didntharm much. Bracebridge to Kearney trails are in great shape

Im at Edgewater having lunch Trails up here are also good. The warm days didntharm much. Bracebridge to Kearney trails are in great shape

I am at D trail and the Seguin now. Trails are all groomed and..h.h

in great shape little low on lube in spots. To hard posting on my phone on the trail. By for now

now thats ''updating''....real time trail report

Wow!!! Thanks a lot MM. That is what you call REAL time reporting. Thanks for the info.

So where can you drop and go in bracebridge.Thanks

Kerry

Just got back from Kearney , it was 260 Ks of some decent trails , there was still some snow left after the warm up for the clubs to groom with , all the clubs have groomed from here to Kearney , the section of yellow coming up to the seguin was in good shape for riding , some cooler temps comng so trails should stay together , awsome lunch at the Edgewater , sleds we coming in one right after the other , its going to busy in Muskoka this weekend

You can drop behind the Marks Work Warehouse and dollar store in Bracebridge

Thanks for the info MM.

Kerry

Archived