Question - The Briars - Jackson's Point

revrnd

Just found this place on the 'net. Does anyone know if they cater to sledders?

http://www.briars.ca/

They mention ice fishing as a winter activity, but not snowmobiling. I'm just wondering if I should add it to the database. Sounds like a place a guy could take the better half for a close weekend away.

We've been there a few times. Very nice upscale place. I wouldn't say they cater to snowmobilers but they wouldn't refuse your money. It is the kind of place however where you dress for dinner and that doesn't mean jeans and a long sleeve T shirt with the skidoo logo. Guys wear a jacket and it's one of the few times my wife wears a dress. 

We've been there between April and November so I can't say definitively that they don't relax their dress code in winter but I doubt it.  

There really aren't any trails close by unless you head out onto the lake and connect with one.  I don't know how sled friendly they are, either.

Thanks guys for the input. I'll leave it off.

17 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

The Pefferlaw boys will have the exclusive on this place, especially OntarioF7,  or whatever he is calling himself these days.

I will go by whatever ewe call me and call me anytime!

PS: agreed to leave this very high end spa off the list. However those looking for a romantic get-a-way hard to find anything better.

36 minutes ago, ontariof7 said:

I will go by whatever ewe call me and call me anytime!

PS: agreed to leave this very high end spa off the list. However those looking for a romantic get-a-way hard to find anything better.

I'd agree on the get away... the times we have been there have been for a birthday, an anniversary or just when my wife needed some pampering. Definitely ideal for that. She really does enjoy the spa.

Archived