Snowing in Kearny again.

Viperules700

Trails are awesome up here. Ran the sequin out to parry sound. It was awesome. Came back on the d123. This trail is not for the faint of heart. It was the steepest, hilliest, twisty trail I have ever been on. White knuckle going up and down those steep ridges. It was groomed well. Ran into a few herds of deer. Good riding here for the weekend anyways. Enjoy

Trails are awesome up here. Ran the sequin out to parry sound. It was awesome. Came back on the d123. This trail is not for the faint of heart. It was the steepest, hilliest, twisty trail I have ever been on. White knuckle going up and down those steep ridges. It was groomed well. Ran into a few herds of deer. Good riding here for the weekend anyways. Enjoy

If you want some very steep hills you can head south to huntsville, trail D102B, south of trail 93 down to trail 88 just north of huntsville. There's some spots i would swear you won't get up them without studs if it has the least bit of ice on them. On the ofsc trail maps it shows the trails in huntsville as being limited, so it may not be to good heading to huntsville.

I would try to ride club trails not top trails. Just got back from kearny. Snowed 4 inches last night and traffic is picking up. The top d was all whooped out by noon. Was flat all week. Tons of sleders coming in today. Lots of rap trafic on the d. Club trails such as all the 300 series were in awesome shop. I was breaking trail at 9:00am this morning, no traffic at all. Went home on the d and must have seen 40 sleds in 25kms.

You can park at the info centre just off highway 518 east a few kms from highway 11. It is located on club trail d123. This a very scenic steep trail. You go up and down lots of step ridges if you elect to go towards burk falls. Awesome trail and doesn't see alot of traffic. Alot of people are afraid of this trail I found.

I hear yah, going to be alot of traffic i presume..

Probably will be a ton of traffic and the Seguin can get pretty rough on a Saturday. Always try to do that part of our run as early as possible and head back home a different route. However I do have to say that the grooming on the Seguin has be spectacular this year!

It was flat on Wednesday. Passed the groomer at sprucedale and another one at wild bills end.

Archived