Any new snow in hailburton?

Viperules700

Any more snow fall yet Fred.

About two inches the other night. All trails are "OPEN". Finally the B112 from Pine Springs into Minden is opened. First time in three Winters. There is no doubt that we need a good snowfall, but it seems to be evading. Like everywhere else. Lot's of traffic too! Seems everybody and their uncle are coming here to sled. Groomers are out 5 nights a week and they are also daytime grooming too.

Kills me.. Weather Nitwits forecasted 20 cm's for this coming Sunday...that has vanished. Then they said Monday should see 5 - 10 cm's...that too has been drastically reduced. Now the big deal is the 2 - 4 cm's for tomorrow????

The base is still pretty solid so the new snow just improves things. Just need a good dose of it...and for some people to stop playing throttle jockey.

The top b from b103 all the way to Dorset was in excellent shape. There was creek open 20 kms past the b103. When I got closer to Dorset we crossed a make shift bridge using hay bales. Pretty scary. Went home via russel landing and back to tall pines via Kennis and redstone lakes back to the b103. Riding was great all around. Watch the corners near Dorset. Real sharp and people fly around them way over the centre line. Had a little incident, but everyone was ok. Kid slid into me after locking up his brakes. Lucky to just have a ding in the trailing arm. Way more snow once you get out of hauilburton on the b. Ride safe.

Carnarvon to Kushog was pretty rough today on the B trail. Much better to stay on the lakes until they get a chance to run the groomers again, which I'm betting they'll be doing tonight.

Carnarvon to Kushog was pretty rough today on the B trail. Much better to stay on the lakes until they get a chance to run the groomers again, which I'm betting they'll be doing tonight.

There is a shortcut.

Yes, but if you don't know the lakes better to stick to the b trail. Even creeks that are normally frozen solid are open. I always run the trails in the morning and lakes later in the day. I would stay out of the narrows this winter as well. Seen lots of tracks heading that way, but decided to stay on trail.

The shortcut is fine..i was on it yesterday.

Archived