sundridge/south river weather change for the good!!!!

polarisracing1

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0632?ref=topnav_weather_savedcity

Well at the beginning of this week they were calling for warmer temps and 15 mm or rain on thur/friday.....now they have said possible light freezing drizzle for wed/and then 10 -15 cm of the white fluffy stuff for thurs....then coldeer and lots o sun for sat and sunday.....finnally some good news in a bad news winter.....headed to caswells resort this fri-sat-sun in sundridge.....sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.theweathe...ather_savedcity

Well at the beginning of this week they were calling for warmer temps and 15 mm or rain on thur/friday.....now they have said possible light freezing drizzle for wed/and then 10 -15 cm of the white fluffy stuff for thurs....then coldeer and lots o sun for sat and sunday.....finnally some good news in a bad news winter.....headed to caswells resort this fri-sat-sun in sundridge.....sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it's not too messy to make Sat's haul north a mess. The weather readers are almost disappointed when their forecasts of warm weather go away. Post a report on the Caswell as I've heard good things & bad things about the place over the years. Last year I was talking to a friend who isn't a sledder about it. He's been there in the summer w/ his family & said it was OK.

We weren't too impressed with the Caswell earlier this year. The restaurant food was just so-so and the room was small and expensive ($139). Hope you have better luck.

yep i will report,hope the trails are descent as iut looks as if 15-20 centimetres will fall by fri night...crossing fingers

We weren't too impressed with the Caswell earlier this year. The restaurant food was just so-so and the room was small and expensive ($139). Hope you have better luck.

I too find the caswells food only "OK" but never stayed there before usually grab lunch !

yep,nuthing to right home about.....on a scale from 1-10..comes in at a 4.5......159,99/for sat night(expensive).....food was very plain..not bad..just average.....hotel kinda rough looking.....rooms small....little noisy...caswell resort and hotel ,i will pass on a return visit........my 2 cents...but 1 good note was located right on trail access across to lake bernard.....cheers

Hey Polarisracing1 how were the trails? We are heading to the area on Thursday and hoping the conditions hold up.

Thanks for any info.

imo,they were good-to great....majority of trails are great,there were a few sections such as parallel trails to hwy 11,that took alot of bright spring sun,and was starting to show signs of brown,and occasional rocks.....but compared to what weve had locally...epic trails,im sure you will be fine as long as it stays cold...and last i checked snow was on its way for this week there...but that could change like my wifes moods!!!!

imo,they were good-to great....majority of trails are great,there were a few sections such as parallel trails to hwy 11,that took alot of bright spring sun,and was starting to show signs of brown,and occasional rocks.....but compared to what weve had locally...epic trails,im sure you will be fine as long as it stays cold...and last i checked snow was on its way for this week there...but that could change like my wifes moods!!!!

OUCH! I take it she doesn't read these posts?

We stayed at Caswell's Friday to Monday. Our two adjoining "cottage" rooms on the lake front were clean, warm and comfortable for three adults and two children. Parking was right at the front of our doors but we were there early on Friday. Rooms were $145.00 with free anything off the menu breakfasts that they gave to all five of us. The food was not 5 star, but the service was great. The pool and hot tub/sauna were fine for the kids. We checked out the ice caves Saturday am and had a hot dog roast there with the kids. They had a blast. By Monday the trails were beat from the high traffic so we went ice fishing on the lake and my son caught a 4lb white fish his first time ice fishing!

We would go back with kids on a regular winter year with more normal traffic volume.

Archived