Cochrane trip Feb 1-5

Turbo Doo

Well, were back home here, Had a amazing time. Rode from the NAI on thursday morn to Hearst, to the Companion Inn. Great trails, perfect grooming all the way and a great day of riding all together. Friday morning we woke up and did a day trip down into Hornepayne and back, with a few side trails on the way. Again, grooming had been done, and a amazing day also. Although we started out as 4 sleds, my father-in-law blew his primary clutch up at the old truck stop in Mooseland, right along the hwy, so we put a call into the Ski-doo dealership in Hearst and they sent a truck out to pick it up, and the other 3 of us rode on to Hornepayne. CUDO's go to the dealership in Hearst, for rescuing us, and getting it fixed in a timely manner. When we arrived back in Hearst, it was good to go. Saturday we rode back to smooth rock falls, and decided to run the Canyon to finish the trip off. We arrived back at the NAI at 6pm Saturday and finished off a great 3 days of riding with Angie at JR's.. Will post pictures when i get a chance..

Good to hear that about Northern Dealers. It echoes our findings for the most part.

Yami dealer jumped on buddy's Apex a couple of years ago and had it fixed same day(drive axle).

Doo dealer in Kap did a bunch of DESS cord programming so we could start each others sleds while we waited. Only charged us the time it took him. That paled in comparison to the quote of $/program we got at a Southern dealer.

Only minor bad experience was when I had broken a bolt holding an idler wheel on(outside front). The bolt was broke off flush in the mount. They wanted to remove entire rear skid. I told them not to worry about it as it had 2 wheels on each side(now I'm down to 1). Made it the rest of the trip and once home I removed the bolt the old-fashioned way with a hammer and centre punch. All of about 15 minutes total. Not sure where the tech/mech learned his craft.

at the old truck stop in Mooseland, right along the hwy, so we put a call into the Ski-doo dealership in Hearst

Looking @ Bell Mobility's map, looks like Bambino's is @ the end of coverage until Geraldton.

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Coverage_map

We were up in that area last week, rode from Dub'ville/Hornpayne to Kap on Thurs Feb 2nd, awesome section of trail and lot's of fresh snow, we were pushen any where from 6" to 12" new snow up to Hornpayne, love the hilly sections along the highway. Saw a moose and numerous lynx in that area as well.

Kaz

We can't wait we are leaving on thursday fopr matheson and riding to Kap

Archived