roll cage on ski-boose?

ZR-niner

Hey Guys! Just look'n for thoughts on this idea. My wife three boys (5yrs,4yrs,3yrs)and I just got back from a sled trip(468km) we all had a ball and the boys are already bugg'n me to head back north. However after a bit in the ski-boose my oldest starts to stand up and turn around to look at me as I always ride behind them to act as a buffer against speed demons. After a few stops to talk to him he did stop standing. But I would like something a little more asure'n my wife said I should put in seatbelts but I don't like the idea without a rollbar. I am a old stock car racer and I still have a tube bender in my shop,so I was think'n an 1.25 4 point cage with an lexan windsheld and roof. I've done some rough math and it would add arox.65-75lbs and it would raise the center of gravity but not e-nuf to be concerned about.I think I can fab it so it don't look goofy. Would like some feedback.pos-neg,concerns,ideas,thougts,exc. And yes I am aware of the snowcoach but the price is high and my buddy said his useto hold the 2 stroke smoke in and made his kids sick thanx in advance guys!

I would think 1.25 might be a bit of overkill. But overall, it is probably a good idea. I am sure you know that you can get roll bar padding so the helmets aren't bouncing off the tubing.

My kids hated the open skiboose. I bought the exinox enclosed and they loved it the first two seasons. They could play their handheld games and didn't have the snow dust in their faces. As for the fumes, we never had that problem at all. Last year something changed and we ended up selling it.

send pics when done....''patent pending''

We have an old Rider "sleigh" that had a handle for a passenger @ the rear (like a dog sled). It probably would be higher than the little heads. I'll take some pics & get a couple of measurements for you.

Here's a side shot of the Rider. Maybe you can figure out something from that.

post-19781-0-06852000-1328119860_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks revrnd! The pic did give me an idea.And if I can figure out how to post a pic off my phone I will post one when its done lol

Archived