Bancroft Area Loop?

Turbo Burgo

Hi Guys,

Most of the trails in the Bancroft area seem to be "open" or "limited" now so they should be good to go for the weekend. I was thinking of unloading near Gilmour (south of Bancroft) and doing a quick loop around the area. I'm thinking something in the 4-6hr range. Anybody know of a good loop to do in that time frame? Also, where is a good spot to unload on Hwy 62?

I use the road beside the MTO yard @ the 62/620 jct', just don't park across from the gate as the trucks w/ plows need a lot of room.

"Brinklow" up the railbed to Bancroft

Bancroft thru Cardiff to Paudash clubhouse on E110

Clubhouse thru Coe Hill to Ormsby Jct via TOP E

Then north up the railbed a couple of miles to where you parked.

A word of advice, watch out for riders on TOP E from the Crowe River bridge (where Paudash & Old Hastings meet) to Coe Hill is tight & twisty w/ a lot of small hills. Some sledders run this trail like it's the I-500 out of Winnipeg.

OF7, Noisy1eh, and I will be in Bancroft area this weekend as well. Staying at Bancroft Inn & Suites (formerly Bancroft Motor Inn) Hope we meet.

Other than riding all the way up to LSP, then dealing w/ TOP E near Harcourt :rolleyes: . It's too bad those trails get too much traffic & not the greatest terrain for grooming.

I was surprised yesterday afternoon riding down from Bancroft on E110. From there to Cardiff it was in decent shape, even w/ all the fresh snow. From Cardiff to the clubhouse it was a bit rough due to the terrain & the "trenching" some sno x wannabes were leaving after they passed us.

I ended up heading to the area as well yesterday morning. I unloaded off of Hwy 62 at Stony Settlement Road just north of Bannockburn. Ended up doing the E106 to the E to the E110 loop up to Bancroft and looping back down the rail trail B106E to E to E106. Good ride 210 km.

Best section of trail was definitely the E106 rail trail around Gilmour. Now thats what i call a perfect trail! When we unloaded and headed north at about 11am there were only about 2 tracks on the fresh ribbon. On the way back it was speed bumps almost all the way from Bancroft south.

What are the trails heading north from Bancroft up to Lake St. Peter and Whitney like? I wanna take my wife and daughter up there for a nice day ride but don't wanna punish them like i did to myself by taking the E west and E110. Looking for some nice, wide, well groomed and slowly winding rail trails to sell my wife into the sport!

The rail trail from Bancroft to Lake St Peter usually gets pretty beat up by the end of the day on the weekend. It is a high traffic area.

Thats just it. The rail trail has 2 types of conditions - Amazing or Beat Up. I gotta admit though, that trail has got to be one of the best trails i've ridden when it's good.

Archived