HELP NEEDED TO OPEN E102

old sledhead

The Eganville sno drifters club now has a way to reopen the top E102 from Eganville to Griffith.

They are planning on doing brushing and signage this saturday jan 28th. Anyone that can lend a hand that would be great as there are only four of us at this time. I will post were we plan to meet at start from as soon as i get the details.

Is this the section that an atv caused to close awhile back?

Yes it is the club has to change the trail totaly lots more land owners to deal with. We wanted to get the work done on private land as we are waiting on M.N.R work permits to arrive, we have been approved.

But this is not looking good our work party is now down to 3 and thats made up of our 3 groomer operators that all have runs to do this week yet.

That is brutal. Seems local riders don't want to help for a day or two. It Is a real problem.

I posted a note on the OFSC's Facebook page about the Eganville club needing help.

When it rains sorry Snows its a blizzard .

Looks like we may now have to try sunday not sure yet, on top of this I had a landowner call me at work re off trail riding possable lock out that I have to deal with and on top of that one of our groomer guys just recieved a call to go back to work next week.

Work six days a week groom two nights a week and deal with all this i hope the o.f.s.c has good deivorce lawyers. l.o.l

Work party is now set for Sunday Jan 29th , we will meet at Breens store on the opeongo road at 1:00 pm and work east along the opeongo this is the oposite way the trail ran.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a bit of a update. We had everything ready to go then had more landowner issues we now have that all worked out . Brushing is for the most part done we took the groomer part way through but now we need to install a culvert in a ditch to get though, we have to complete signage and the good people from the griffith club will link up with us :drool-1:. Looks like this trail will soon open but for now is still closed till all work is done . This project has taken over 7 months to fix and was done mostly by one man Doug McDonald owner of McDonald fuels in eganville who no longer snowmobiles( good thing to busy working to keeping trails open) so if you are from the area please thank him with out people like this we would not have trails in our area.

:icon_hyper:

Archived