Midland/Wasaga/Creemore/Barrie/Midland - REQUEST

SlowTouringGuy

Conflicting reports on the trail conditions in that 'general' loop.

Anyone been riding out that way. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thx !

Mr. Mouse - Barrie to Midland and Barrie to Orillia areas have been great - I have been riding all week. I haven't ventured over towards Creemore/Wasaga this week - but they have a lot of open fields in that direction and probably were drifted in with all the high winds and blowing snow this week. Once the groomers get out - they should be in good shape for the weekend. I would still stay away from any of the trails that run through the Minesing swamp area (just a few and easy to divert around them) - that has been too wet and the website is still showing some water issues. In general, however, trails are in awesome shape around the Sno Voyageurs and surrounding clubs.

We ran the trails a little further west yesterday Collingwood, Singhampton, Creemore, Edenvale and Wasaga Beach. They couldn't have been better other than a little drifting along the fence lines.

Conflicting reports on the trail conditions in that 'general' loop.

Anyone been riding out that way. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thx !

Mr. Mouse - Barrie to Midland and Barrie to Orillia areas have been great - I have been riding all week. I haven't ventured over towards Creemore/Wasaga this week - but they have a lot of open fields in that direction and probably were drifted in with all the high winds and blowing snow this week. Once the groomers get out - they should be in good shape for the weekend. I would still stay away from any of the trails that run through the Minesing swamp area (just a few and easy to divert around them) - that has been too wet and the website is still showing some water issues. In general, however, trails are in awesome shape around the Sno Voyageurs and surrounding clubs.

Thanks Giddy ! We'd like to stay west and south on Sunday because we'll be doing the Coldwater/Orillia etc on Monday.

Where is this Minesing swamp of which you speak ??

We ran the trails a little further west yesterday Collingwood, Singhampton, Creemore, Edenvale and Wasaga Beach. They couldn't have been better other than a little drifting along the fence lines.

Thank you Rage - much appreciated. That's some of the general area we're hoping to ride Sunday. Taking a loop out of Midland. Many thanks !

How did you make out? I imagine the railbed from north of Barrie to Midland is in rough shape after the rain.

We rode this trail last weekend and it was (very) marginal on Saturday... not enough snow, some gravel/dirt showing through. From Orillia to Midland was in very good shape, though.

We had to stop at Henry's for fish and chips since the trail reroute now goes through the parking lot :)

How did you make out? I imagine the railbed from north of Barrie to Midland is in rough shape after the rain.

We rode this trail last weekend and it was (very) marginal on Saturday... not enough snow, some gravel/dirt showing through. From Orillia to Midland was in very good shape, though.

We had to stop at Henry's for fish and chips since the trail reroute now goes through the parking lot :)

The conditions on Saturday were excellent. Went Kahshe Lake to Gravenhurst and across C101D to C. Took the Six Mile Lake shortcut and down to Port Severn then out 16 to the Bay. Across the Bay to Midland. Nice run.

Sunday - sat in the hotel and drank all day. Rains all day and snow disappears quickly. No Midland/Wasaga/Creemore/Barrie/Midland run. The only Creemore we saw came from the Tap. :cry:

Monday - sledded home. C to Coldwater and B105C to Orillia. Across Couchi and home on B up the east side. I think the clubs must have groomed Saturday night. No traffic on Sunday and the rain didn't do much damage to the snow so the trails were actually Terrific !! Road running was a little noisy ;) but the trails were marvellous and hardly anyone was out.

The conditions on Saturday were excellent. Went Kahshe Lake to Gravenhurst and across C101D to C. Took the Six Mile Lake shortcut and down to Port Severn then out 16 to the Bay. Across the Bay to Midland. Nice run.

Sunday - sat in the hotel and drank all day. Rains all day and snow disappears quickly. No Midland/Wasaga/Creemore/Barrie/Midland run. The only Creemore we saw came from the Tap. :cry:

Monday - sledded home. C to Coldwater and B105C to Orillia. Across Couchi and home on B up the east side. I think the clubs must have groomed Saturday night. No traffic on Sunday and the rain didn't do much damage to the snow so the trails were actually Terrific !! Road running was a little noisy ;) but the trails were marvellous and hardly anyone was out.

Hey Mr. Mouse! :wavey:

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Too bad your plans were altered - but sounds like you took advantage of the "rain day" and had some fun anyway!

:wavey:

This is a shot from Sat, before the rain, on the C between the 301 and 302. If the rain was like Barrie all should be good except the road runnung.

Archived