Rap Advice

Nimrod

Doing Rap end of month and leaving from Madoc. Have done it befor but will go across Redstone and the connecting lakes. Will stay at blue spruce first night. Where is available Gas past Haliburton and is there gas close to blue spruce. Thanks

Doing Rap end of month and leaving from Madoc. Have done it befor but will go across Redstone and the connecting lakes. Will stay at blue spruce first night. Where is available Gas past Haliburton and is there gas close to

bluespruce. Thanks

There is fuel at Whitney on top b at the far east side of the park.

Bad idea. If you plan on using trail 11 to get up to eagle, moose and redstone. It will be another 4 weeks before the club can open this trail, weather permitting. It is always the last trail to

open in the county. There is barely any snow around the whole park at the moment. Hard to say if it will be doable by then or not. I would have a plan b for sure.

Jerry, I gassed up 2 winters ago @ a gas station that is trail accessible on Hwy 60. It's on the north end of Oxtongue Lake across from the Blue Spruce. My GPS file also shows gas @ the Oxtongue General Store (also nearby).

There's an old post from Evil about doing the RAP in consecutive years, and 'what a difference a year makes'.

The first time, they were blessed with snow. The second time, no snow. Made for a brutal trip, as I recall.

Take the advice above - Plan B in case there's no snow.

Jerry, I gassed up 2 winters ago @ a gas station that is trail accessible on Hwy 60. It's on the north end of Oxtongue Lake across from the Blue Spruce. My GPS file also shows gas @ the Oxtongue General Store (also nearby).

Just got a confirmation that both outlets are still open :right_on: .

Thanks Guys. I always have plan B and C. If conditions are not up to par will hit PQ. Lets hope things change in the next two weeks, Getting sick of railline from Madoc to Whitney.

Getting sick of railline from Madoc to Whitney.

On the sleds or ATVs? :icon_tinykitball:

Usually takes 3 weeks from freeze up to stake the lakes along trail 11 to Tall Pines (msr) system off kennisis. Afaik they are not tight yet... But the most snow right now is arou d the park.

I could show you some great shortcuts from kennisis up to oxtongue but Id have to kill you!

X2 on gas right on 60 on the trail. XTR brand station.

There is also gas at kennisis, the haliburton forest, and at the marines on the west end of kawagama

Canadoo, you sound like the guy I met at the RAP booth at this years sled show.

Knew all the local routes. A lake here, and a lake there, lol and you'll save hours.

RAP in a day, I say

Archived