Going to Elliot Lake for the First Time...need input!

Turbo Burgo

Hey all, heading to Elliot Lake on Friday for the first time. I've never been up there to snowmobile before but have heard some great things. I'll be staying at a buddys house in town. I'm looking to do some half day or 3/4 day loops or a little longer. 100, 200, 300+ km loop trips so i can end up back in Elliot lake. Anybody have any ideas or have done anything similar? How far/long of a ride is it from Elliot Lake to Searchmont? Let's hear it.... thanks.

Hey squid.. Elliot Lake is beautiful. You can ride to Chapleau and back in a day and in many different directions,, The trail from EL to Aubrun Falls is wide, flat and fast, then 75 km of bush trails to Flame Lake and then the trails open up to the most beautiful trails.. Click the Elliot Lake banner on the top of the forum for more info...

I will post a bunch of trail pictures from the area tomorrow.

Hey squid....you picked a great spot to ride.

Elliot Lake to Chapleau and back would be a huge day...well over 300 miles. Depending on F trail north of Aubrey Falls you could do Flame Lake for lunch and back. That would be close to 300.

Depending on how far you like to ride their are a lot of loops you can do.

Elliot to Bruce Mines or Thessalon is a nice ride. I like the northern ride F north to D106 south to D south to Thess then back to Elliot Lake (that is a long day as well)

Do to the past winters a lot of places are closed this year, you may want to call ahead.

Laurentian, wilderness, etc. are all closed. Black Creek and Aubrey Falls also had limited days they were open.

Get a good map and enjoy.

Archived