Looking for triple pipes for yamaha 700 red head

Vmax700

Don't bother. Unless you want to change jets through the day, you will scarfice realibility You also need rear heat exchanger kit and need to change head gasket on your engine. The extra heat will cause the orginal head gasket to fail. You also need to update your clutch helix to match the extra power. Good luck

Totally untrue when talking about a red head triple. I know of one in particular that went almost twenty thousand k's with Power Inc. pipes. The sled never needed to be tweaked as far as jetting was concerned and got better fuel mileage than the stock red head ridden side by side. I still have the pipes if you are interested. They make great power,are super easy to tune and fit well too. No need to fear triple pipes on a red head.......Viper's were a little different story.

That is cool. I always wanted to pipe the viper. Maybe I will keep it and turn it into a lake racer. It is the last of the 2 stroke tripples.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

stubby is correct, the red headed triples could take ALOT of mods and still be VERY reliable. most pipe kits put on the red heads, gave between 20-30 hp (claimed). this made them close to the srx in power, and a few pounds lighter than the srx. porting this motor gave HUGE increases in power, and it was safe as well.

best mods i ever did to my sxR was, taking the 3 layer head gasket and running 2 layers (need to run premium fuel at that point), power inc triple pipes, jetted to -20f, clutched via totallyamaha.com tech pages. the sled was fast, reliable, and actually good on gas and oil. with my rich jetting it was alittle doggy when it warmed up but, i never had to worry about it when it was super cold. always better safe than sorry.

yamaha clutching is EASY. and you dont have to spend a fortune to get it clutched properly.

the srx heat exhanger is a good idea, wether you run pipes or not. especially in lower snow conditions. with the sx-sxR platorms, they sat up in the rear and evacuated almost too much snow so, cooling and hyfax wear wear always a concern.

now the viper motor.... it NEEDED a heat exchanger, srx base gasket, (aftermarket heads helped cool it ALOT) and alittle tinkering here and there to keep it safe but.... jetted rich, and throw a tempaflow on it, viola... safe reliable power as well. BEEN THERE DONE THAT WITH THE SXR, SRX, AND VIPER. hard to beat the smooth reliable power of the yami 2 stroke triple motors.

www.totallyamaha.com is a great source of two stroke and four stroke yamaha tech help. good luck in your quest. ski

• 2 weeks later...

those are for the viper, not the red headed 700 sx, sxR motor. ski

I was told that all the 700 red heads were the same (not power valve).What is the difference with the viper,just wondering? :unsure:

I don't know what i was thinking :banghead: My mistake I know the difference.

red head motors were in the sx and sxR sleds (plus some vmax deluxe, and touring models) these motors had no power valves.

the viper motor is not a red head motor, it is closely linked to the srx motor and equipped with power valves.

very different motors, very different chassis's. the viper pipes will not bolt on to the chassis or motor of a read head unit. even viper pipes wont bolt to an srx chassis, nor an srx bolt to a viper chassis without ALOT of modification.

lots of srx stuff will bolt to the motor of the viper because of the similarities but, those items cannot be installed on any red headed non powervalved motor. ski

Archived