Do Cities/Towns/Regions Contribute to Ontario Snowmobiling?

Canuck

The one benefit of Facebook is that you can 'join' other groups. Therefore, you receive up to date info. from those clubs. A recent 'thank you' from a Western organization made me wonder if towns/cities/regions contribute to Ontario snowmobiling.

In all likelihood, they do.

It's just that when I glance at local newspapers or snowmobile magazines, all I see is infrastructure funding from the Ontario and Canadian governments. If local government is contributing to snowmobiling, perhaps they should be recognized.

Here's the link I noticed:

A special thank you to the Columbia Shuswap Regional District for a $10,000 grant towards the operation of the trail grooming program. These funds are appreciated and clearly indicate that the Board of Directors for the CSRD value and consider snowmobile tourism important for our region and specifically Revelstoke. The success of the snowmobile trail grooming program is largely dependent on sponsorship dollars and we truly appreciate this grant.

http://www.sledrevelstoke.com/2011/08/thank-you-columbia-shuswap-regional-district/

(we've had the opportunity to sled twice in Whistler - single day trips - and I've always kept an eye on Revelstoke)

The one benefit of Facebook is that you can 'join' other groups. Therefore, you receive up to date info. from those clubs. A recent 'thank you' from a Western organization made me wonder if towns/cities/regions contribute to Ontario snowmobiling.

In all likelihood, they do.

It's just that when I glance at local newspapers or snowmobile magazines, all I see is infrastructure funding from the Ontario and Canadian governments. If local government is contributing to snowmobiling, perhaps they should be recognized.

Here's the link I noticed:

A special thank you to the Columbia Shuswap Regional District for a $10,000 grant towards the operation of the trail grooming program. These funds are appreciated and clearly indicate that the Board of Directors for the CSRD value and consider snowmobile tourism important for our region and specifically Revelstoke. The success of the snowmobile trail grooming program is largely dependent on sponsorship dollars and we truly appreciate this grant.

http://www.sledrevel...ional-district/

(we've had the opportunity to sled twice in Whistler - single day trips - and I've always kept an eye on Revelstoke)

I expect it varies from club to club and town to town. In our particular case, the town provides us with a couple of bays in a works garage at a very reasonable rate. In other areas it may be permissions and concessions for the trails, installation of culverts at road crossings, etc.

Good point, SJ.

Our local twp. has also provided a garage to complete repairs, as needed.

It seems that our township is also behind us. They have provided garage space for us to work in when the groomer needed repairs while we have been homeless. It also seems that they have provided a long term lease on a piece of property for us to build a club house.

Archived