Eganville club and trails closed

old sledhead

This is what looks like is going to happen do to the lack of people.

The club all 12 of us have tryed twice now to have elections with no one stepping up and will try one more time in the last week of April before closing down. This will close the Top e102 Eganville to Griffith Top b101a Golden lake to Douglas s.c.s.a 119 Eganville to the Top A and s.c.s.a.117 . I myself have been on the executive for 20 years now but Iam unable to continue for personal reasons .I was unable to attend our last meeting this week as I was at a district meeting and only know that another meeting was called for the last week in April to try and save the club, I just don't have a date as our secratary's job has her working in Toronto. I will post a date as soon as I have one. Please if you can help

Thanks

Thanks for all your years of contributing, OS. A quick search shows that the trails in question are in the Ottawa Valley. Maybe someone on this forum knows individuals in the area who can assist?

What about other clubs assuming the trails?

Our next meeting is April 27 th at 7pm at Eganville sno drifter club house hwy 41 and sno drifter road behind the food land.

As for other clubs taking over the trails I do not see this happening as most clubs in distrit 6 are not in any better shape than we are they are all short of volunters.

The Sno drifters and Bonn trae ( killaloe) club took over the golden lake trails a few years ago when that club closed, there would also be the landowners to look after as our trails are 95% private .

Just one more thng this is not just about my club by the way we are a club that has belonged to the O.F.S.C for 40 years and were around before that . Its about all clubs in ontario needing more help, if we realy realy say we love this sport then get out and help!!!! Just buying a permit is not enough anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quik update, We have an executive the 15 people that make up the club came together and are going to keep things going for another year.

We did have 3 new people come out that are not even snowmobilers , they just wanted to see the club continue .

That said I am staying on as head of trails for the club and will gladly take all the help I can get this fall when its time to do trail work.

Great news!

Great news!

X2

• 2 months later...

just thought i would put this on here . The eganville club has had the E102 trail closed due to A.t.V 's riding off trail through a land owners two field of grain, plus they then had words with the land owner. This is south of the Opeongo road were Eganville and griffith join up. At this time it looks like there will be a lot of road running if this trail is to remain open. The good news is we had probems on this trail before and have been inproving the scsa 117 trail that also conects to the griffith trails.

Sorry to hear about the trail closure. Wonder why trespassing is so prevalent in Ontario?

Archived