Any updates in the Owen Sound/Wiarton/Chesley/Tobermory area

yamadan700

Want to get one last run in. Anyone been out in these areas and if so where are the trails the best? Also where are good places to stage from? Any info would be great.

Thx

Chesley and up is good watch out for the odd bare spot and washout holes.You can unload in chesley where the big bull is beside the gas station north of town the trail is right there.

Thanks Sledder2 for all the info. I've never rode up that way. Always been east of Owen Sound. Will give 'er a go tomorrow.

Thanks Sledder2 for all the info. I've never rode up that way. Always been east of Owen Sound. Will give 'er a go tomorrow.

Fuel up before you go. The Gas bar doesn`t open until 1pm on Sundays. (1pm-6pm)

Thanks Rolly608. Did that...Thanks Sledder2, we unloaded at the school across the road from the Big Bull......We did 180km today from Chesley to Wiarton and back. We rode only on the open(yellow)trails. The snow pack up there is still very good. The trails did get slushy as the day went on but overall they were and remained fairly smooth. 95%+ of the trails had lots of snow. There were only a handful of spots that were getting thin/bare, worse at the end of the day. Trails were starting to firm up as the temperature was dropping at the end of the day. I would suggest anyone who has a chance tomorrow to get up there and ride. It is well worth it.

Thanks for the report dan. you're right this looks like the end. :(

Archived