D108A re-route Construction/Trail work PICTURES!!!!

Big Reg

so let me get this straight.

My favourite trail in Ontario (the 100mile loop), is going to be even better next year?

That is some of the best news I've heard in a long time. Keep up the great work guys, and come on winter of 2012.

FishHog

:right_on:

Went out this morning to check out the Construction of the trail......Theres a Few Hills that we did not expect that we had... and One MAJOR problem is the ground frost.... the frost is so deep and hard it takes longer to do the work.... Soemtimes we can't take out the Big stumps.. or have to dig more to get them out.... its Causing us trouble and taking more time.... Reg And I spent the Morning in the bush with the maps and looking at the trail.... I even Walked in Deep snow in bush to find a way around a bad spot..... I dont't how we will fisnish this project.... we are running out of time and Money.... we are so lucky that our contractor is not greedy and dont charge us for every hour he works.... he do alot for free..........

One positive thing is that trail will be so much fun to ride..... .

sorry for no report yesterday I was sick like hell :puke: . I don't recall the last time I was that sick.........

anyway made it to the trail with Luc today and here a few pic's

like Luc said the frost is our biggest problem follow by a few hill I did not expect to be that bad. we were told by the forester that was not to bad :ehh: REALLY I don't want to see a bad one then. :banghead:

anyway one solution is to bring more equipment to meet the deadline. more equipment = more $$ :banghead::banghead: there is always something........... I guess we can't call us volunteer anymore........we need to be magicien.........

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

That trail is going to be awsome! :right_on:

That trail is going to be awsome! :right_on:

yes it will be a great trail.... just hope we can finish it.... Reg and I are heading out there is the morning... I'm supose to be working at the store but I'm lucky that I have a great Gf and she will cover for me while Im out on the trail....So back again in the morning to check out things and to see what we can do.... more bushwacking agrrrrrr. Bulding trail in this area is not easy and theres allways some problems..... Reg and I have to come up with plan changes all the time..... Oh well... we will be happy next winter ridding it. IF we can get it done.....calling for10 CM of snow for the Sunday or monday....

Great work guys!!

Reg or Luc, is this to be exclusively a snowmobile trail? I'd hate to see you do all this work for the sledders then have some logging or mining outfit in the future plow it for their benefit.

We've had 2 main trails in our area plowed for logging which really curtailed my riding.

Great work guys!!

Reg or Luc, is this to be exclusively a snowmobile trail? I'd hate to see you do all this work for the sledders then have some logging or mining outfit in the future plow it for their benefit.

We've had 2 main trails in our area plowed for logging which really curtailed my riding.

Looks great and the day by day picture updates are amazing

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Reg and Luc,

Any updates on the re-route progress? Really looking forward to riding this new section next season. Hope everything has gone well.

It's done.

was a hard one to do with all that frost :banghead:

we will go back this summer for a few touch up.

the good news is no more plowed road next season.

sorry for the lack of updates lately, too busy fighting to keep our town alive

Thanks Reg, appreciate the update and all the work you guys put into making it happen. We all wish you the best with your fight to save the town. We'll continue to offer support and voice our concerns to the many levels of government. We're behind you 100%. Stay strong!

Archived