What Are RAP Conditions Like ???? ANY INFO PLZ

Caplar

Basically I plan on leaving tomorrow morning from carnarvon area to head towards Burk's Falls around Algonquin Park. Is it do-able ? What are the trails like ? ANY INFO ABOUT ANY SECTION OF TRAILS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

If you go, keep us posted. I would like to try later in the week.

with the HCSA closing all its trails we're not going. Instead we're going to launch from Huntsville area and just stay in sundridge for a night, and then go from there to mattawa and mattawa back down to the deerhurst in Huntsville. This is pretty much the only area OPEN throughout much of ontario .. guess we'll have to try the RAP next year ..

just noticed the trail closure. Good luck. Going to give Paudash trails a ride today. i hope the Green status is accurate.

just noticed the trail closure. Good luck. Going to give Paudash trails a ride today. i hope the Green status is accurate.

Let us know how things are. Avoid the E north of the club house up past the E108 and on to the 118 hwy. This section was nasty Monday before the thaw as it was scraped and sections sanded after the weekend for the loggers Monday morning.

Man, I wish I had the info on the E trail before we went! The E trail north of the club house was terrible! It should be shown as CLOSED. This is usually one of my favourite section of trails. I have to read more carefully!

Started at the Swiss Bear in Apsley this morning after 9. Headed over to E108 using the detour. The trails were passable. Took the 608/606 to Wilberforce. The rail bed was really nice. Hooked up on the 601 to E trail and then to Harcourt. 601 was OK but trails near Harcourt were not. Then there was the E trail!

It was cold and there was about 1 cm of fresh snow. This was our only lube. All in all 200km and no damage. Although I probably need new carbides. I would not go again unless there is more snow. Kudos to the Paudash club for having the trails flat, but they should have been at best Yellow. They are now, but early this morning they were GREEN.

Saw a couple of different groups up by the park. One heading west and one east. Botrh were doing overnight stays. That was the only sleds we saw all day.

Man, I wish I had the info on the E trail before we went! The E trail north of the club house was terrible! It should be shown as CLOSED. This is usually one of my favourite section of trails. I have to read more carefully!

Started at the Swiss Bear in Apsley this morning after 9. Headed over to E108 using the detour. The trails were passable. Took the 608/606 to Wilberforce. The rail bed was really nice. Hooked up on the 601 to E trail and then to Harcourt. 601 was OK but trails near Harcourt were not. Then there was the E trail!

It was cold and there was about 1 cm of fresh snow. This was our only lube. All in all 200km and no damage. Although I probably need new carbides. I would not go again unless there is more snow. Kudos to the Paudash club for having the trails flat, but they should have been at best Yellow. They are now, but early this morning they were GREEN.

Saw a couple of different groups up by the park. One heading west and one east. Botrh were doing overnight stays. That was the only sleds we saw all day.

I tried to warn ya.

Archived