Trails holding up??

Trails are now closed north of Parry Sound. As the Dragons would say "I'm out"

I just spoke to a resident on Lake Manitouwabing (Mckellar)he said he could see the water on top of the ice on the lake and he said any shoulder road trails are done until it freezes and snows. Staying home. So much for a good long weekend of sledding.

Some pictures of Lake Manitouwabing today at noon.

post-19712-0-27343700-1298059980_thumb.jpg

post-19712-0-62432200-1298059995_thumb.jpg

post-19712-0-16521300-1298060016_thumb.jpg

Temps dropped last night and ice on lakes in the Waubamik/McKellar area has frozen up. Light snow fall (1/2") up until this afternoon. (Saturday) Conditions might be slippery with little snow for lube/cooling on lakes. Back in the woods, you might catch a bit of drifted snow. Given differences between weather forecast and actual conditions, remain a bit optimistic for next week.

Quite a few listed as open or limited Parry Sound S.D. trail conditions as of today Feb 19:

http://www.pssd.ca/index.php?nPage=30

They did go back to Limited pretty quickly. Still wasn't worth the drive for me. Fingers crossed for next weekend.

I went up and the lakes froze completely. No snow cover though and all the tracks that were in the slush made for some bumpy riding. The 804 was bare in somespots but definately rideable. C101 and Seguin were getting thin but a little snow would do a world of good. Biggest problem seems to be signs falling that were formerly frozen but with the thaw, they came down. I picked up at least 6 or 7 signs on Saturday alone. All in all, a pretty good weekend.

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

any one have any word on trails a bit further north? carling, cramadog, etc.? thinking of heading up this weekend but not sure if it is worth it or not. doesnt seem to be any appreciable snow in forecast........

Archived