New Greenstone Loop trail signs

macpat

The Geraldton, Longlac and Nakina sno clubs have just received their new trails signs. They are in the process of being put up and most should be ready for the poker rally this weekend in Nakina. These signs were created with the help of the Municipality of Greenstone and numerous sponsors in the Greenstone Area. The local sno clubs express a big thank you everyone involved in the project.

8 signs have been created and are located just outside the entrance of all three communties.

The signs have a large map showing the Greenstone Loop and the local trails. Contact information for all the sponsors who contributed to this project is also displayed. This includes places to stay, eat and get fuel. The three sno clubs encourages all visitors to visit our sponsors when in the area.

Local trail maps are now available throughout the Municipality and can be downloaded from the

Keep up the good work. Hopefully we'll be able to check out the Greenstone area next year :right_on: . If A107A is open that'll make it easier for us to do a loop & minimize the doubling back on trails.

Per 107A:

I would like to know how they got from the lake to the shore at "_____ Landing"? (Has musical name.) We tried to break that open 3 (?) yrs ago now (or was it 4?) and we couldn't navigate a hole through the boulders to git out onto the lake. So we ran up the logging roads instead.

???

Was the lkae just down that yr? Or is there a trail in the bush at the narrows in the swamp around the boulders we just didn't see? (Weren't looking for?)

(Have asked before and never got an answer.)

---

Funny story:

(You got time fer a story?)

We had just pulled outta Terrace Bay that day and realized that it was a touch chilly and so we put the mitts on. While standing there and talking - I think sleds off (?) all of a sudden a train liked to'a scared me (all of us really) right outta my Sorels! NEVER heard it comming and when it hit that bridge [that we had just came under] it made a bunch'a racket and sounded like it was comming rat for us! :o

Changed my shorts and we were on our way. So PLEASE - Be carefull not to stop just past the bridge N of Terrace Bay when a train is comming from the west!

Chorus - that's it. I kant never remember that name for some reason. Maybe one day I'll git it?

Archived