Your help is needed!

Mooseman

W00t! We won! Thank You to all who signed the petition. :right_on:

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2011/03/03/17483566.html

As long as we keep the idiots in check and follow the rules, we're good. Too bad it's right when we're getting 25mm of rain :icon_rain:

:right_on:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the part where they complain about how dangerous it is to have snowmobiles so close to children and houses when trails pass in front of countless houses in their front yards without incident

Yeah, it will be a constant fight. Again, we will have to make sure idiots don't ruin it for the rest of us responsible sledders. It'll just take one incident to give them the ammunition to bring this up again. This will be a constant, just like North and South Korea, with no end in sight :mad:

Congratulations and glad we could help.

Yeah, it will be a constant fight. Again, we will have to make sure idiots don't ruin it for the rest of us responsible sledders. It'll just take one incident to give them the ammunition to bring this up again. This will be a constant, just like North and South Korea, with no end in sight :mad:

Congrats... perhaps some peer policing would help. If you have a good presence of trail patrol out there checking for permits and reminding people of the need to ride responsibly it might help. It only takes a couple to ruin it for everyone. We have an old rail line that is a multi-purpose trail. You see cross country skiers on it as well as people out walking with their dogs. Almost everyone I see on sleds slows right down and gives them a wide berth giving them a sense of comfort and safety as the pass. You occasionally get an idiot wannabe snowcrosser that screams past kicking up snow and small chunks as they go by. You can see these people who have every right to be skiing or walking on the trail almost jumping to the side and clutching their dogs for safety. Thankfully they are the exception.

I like the part where they complain about how dangerous it is to have snowmobiles so close to children and houses when trails pass in front of countless houses in their front yards without incident

all it takes is ONE incident unfortunately :poke2: and you wake up the dragon

:argue::phonecall::soapbox::wtf:

I have no problem being pro-active with anyone driving like an idiot. I'll flag them down and explain politely why their actions are detrimental to our sport. The way they then react will dictate whether I give their license number to the local constabulary. :headbang:

Compleatly agree, its a multi-use trail and all groups should be able to use it provided they don't damage the trail. Like you said all that is needed is consideration for others that will be on the trail

This should really not be this big of an issue.

Mabye sings should be put up reminding riders to take It easy in the populated areas to make sure there are no complaints this comming season. If there is nothing to complain about then there should be no problems with sharing the trails.

One of the trails in our area actually cuts through the property of a horse farm. This is near hwy 12 & 400. I often see horses out on the trail. So far it seems everyone has the common sense to either slow down or come to a stop to let the horses pass.

The local horse riding clubs did their pitch to also use the trail. I would love to see these majestic animals being ridden on the trail but then we'll have these "urban immigrants" that will complain about the "gifts" the horses leave behind. :rotflmao: Don't know if they will be permitted but I hope so. The more the merrier. They said they would have absolutely no problems with sleds passing by.

The local horse riding clubs did their pitch to also use the trail. I would love to see these majestic animals being ridden on the trail but then we'll have these "urban immigrants" that will complain about the "gifts" the horses leave behind. :rotflmao: Don't know if they will be permitted but I hope so. The more the merrier. They said they would have absolutely no problems with sleds passing by.

SPRING THAW :footinmouth::sick:

Archived