OFSC trails into Haliburton Forest

JimmyO

Does anyone know if you can get into the forest by sled, without having to trailer in.

I NEED to spend a long weekend on the trails SOON and the forest was the perfect place to go and stay for 4 days, but they are booked up until mid March.

I was hoping find a place to stay near the forest and sled in rather than trailering in every day.

Jim

Have you tried the other places close by. We usually stay at Kennisis Lake Lodge. The HF trails are across the road. Try

Does anyone know if you can get into the forest by sled, without having to trailer in.

I NEED to spend a long weekend on the trails SOON and the forest was the perfect place to go and stay for 4 days, but they are booked up until mid March.

I was hoping find a place to stay near the forest and sled in rather than trailering in every day.

Jim

Hey Jimmy, yes you can ride to the Forest.. The trails goes right through it.. I have ridden from Dorset to ride the Forest a few times.. We have stayed right in the forest and it was awesome, really nice place. I'd suggest staying right in the forest if your thinking about riding there for a few days.. Have fun.. Rick

Hey SledJunk - thanks for the Info on Kennisis Lake Lodge - I'm all booked for a week there from the 18th to the 22nd

11 days and counting. :woot:

Say Hi to Ken and Sue for me.

BTW, I am coming up for a day ride on the 21 with a friend and his son (for his son's birthday). They are renting from the Forest but I'll bring up my Vector.

Maybe we'll see each other.

Sounds good. Here's a shot of me starting the OC Ride last weekend.[attachment=0]OCRideforKelly049.jpg[/attachment]

Hey SledJunk - thanks for the Info on Kennisis Lake Lodge - I'm all booked for a week there from the 18th to the 22nd

11 days and counting. :woot:

Hey Jimmy. I am near Kinmount (north of Fenelon Falls Feb 15-18 (maybe an extra day).. That's in the same area, maybe we can get out for a ride.... I have to check how far from the forest i will be.. I will be ice fishing on Crystal Lake if you guys ride by there...

Hey Rick ! I am just getting to the Kennisis Lake Lodge on the afternoon of the 18th. Looks like I may miss you again.

If you do happen to be out there during your travels - leave some OC stickers with the owners. !

If you do get to stay an extra day - maybe we can take a tour of the forest!

Archived