Wow what a great day !

Yukon

Even though we've all fogged and thrown storage oil into the winter iron for the summer , theres still trail work to be done .

And that's exactly what myself and fellow club members Bud Knowles and Ben did and got together Saturday morning around 8am with a great group of volunteers from Smart Club our neighbouring friends , they needed some help to re-deck the floating bridge that crosses the Black river along trail 15 which connects both clubs respective trails .

Wow what a stellar day for a work party , sun was shining , wind was relatively calm and spent with a great group of guys .

BSRsmartatwork001.jpg

BSRsmartatwork002.jpg

BSRsmartatwork003.jpg

BSRsmartatwork004.jpg

BSRsmartatwork005.jpg

It felt like we were working dockside .

BSRsmartatwork006.jpg

The bridge spans 160ft and with 15 volunteers we were able to knock it off in 4hrs , now thats some team work .

BSRsmartatwork007.jpg

It was great to get out and scratch the itch and meet several new people that share the same passion in this great sport . Don, Ron, Kevin, Andy, Greg, Doug and a few others who's names are slipping the memory . I even got to meet a old high school buddy from my past who I hadn't seen for at least Dare I say it (20yrs) Kevin C, who's a club member with Smart , I guess I have a new riding buddy up in the other Port now . Great to see you Kevin , beers Dockside at Camp Yukon real soon .

Awesome day , all in the name of sledding !

Many hands make for light work !

Great to see. Great day to doo it.

The future looks great for Baxter and Smart trail system.

• 1 month later...

saw it on ofsc web site

Archived