March 31st Sled Show (Downsview Park, Toronto)

Canuck

The 4 manufacturers put on a display of sleds today at Downsview Park in Toronto.

Very little press (I saw the ad in the morning - happened to be crossing Toronto at 7 pm and thought I could find it with aid of GPS - surprisingly accessible venue). About 100 visitors when I was in the exhibition hall.

I only visited Yamaha and Arctic Cat displays (still have Arctic Cat gear from years ago LOL). 2011 prices are HIGH. No wonder the resale market is holding values.

The new Limited Edition Arctic Cats have what I call a 'Love it or Hate it' lime green colour. Nice.

Yamaha has the oft talked about power steering on the 2011 Apex, but the company did not appear to make many other changes to its product line.

Listen for news of the event next year. GREAT to see all 4 OEMs get together under one roof. It's good for the sport.

Thanks for the report, Canuck.

You're right about the press. Very little, indeed. I'm sure there must have been some, somewhere, but I saw none. I got an email from a dealer (with whom I've never done business) on Monday of this week telling me about yesterday's show.

Four manufacturers all together. Great thing to do. One would think they would spend a few bucks promoting the event. icon_confused.gif

Now wouldn't they have more press about this :rolleyes:

Archived