Is it still worth it ???

kennyboy

For each individual it is always the value proposition. What do I forego in order to get. If it is a new set of pots and pans or trail permit and fuel. HMMM! the pots and pans lose.

There is an old adage about there always being somebody worse off then you. There is always a hobby or sport more costly. It tends to be relative to your disposable income.

How much do some people spend hanging out in bars after work and weekends?

How much to go flying... check the cost of aviation fuel plus the aircraft.

Don't even think about fishing... the tackle... the boat... the motor. I know I am about $4,000.00 in rods and reels alone without touching the tackle box. My wife tells me the fish I catch are probably about $500.00 per lb.

I could always spend the sledding money on something else more foolish like food... KD can be prepared soooo many ways.

Why stop at just sledding when asked the question is it worth it. What is really. Snowmobiling, ATVing, boating, the family vacation, hockey, swimming, baseball, soccer for the kids, the family cottage, eating out in restaurants. None of them are really worth it if you place a dollar figure on it. But we do anyways cause you have to live too. As for sledding, there is something for everybody, you don't have to spend 10K on a sled, there are many decent ones out for well under 4K. Still not worth it from a dollar figure, but what value do you place on it once riding, priceless! I am relatively new to the sport (yes it is a sport), and plan to be in it as long as I can. The season is now over for me and I am already looking forward to next.

As for the powersports I would say that atvs give me the best bang for the buck.....can drive them from really beginning of April to first part of Dec on trails and then still use them for ice fishing and some trail networks do allow atvs in the winter....I have owned all before and wish I could sled everyday but if I had to choose one it would be my atv...Cheers

Archived