District 9 - Snowmobiling for the 28th?

sxr600Rider

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone has any feel for how well the trails held up from Sunday's thaw? Wondering if there will be any snow/base for this upcoming weekend? If so where should we ride?

Trails are pretty thin around here. I expect the club will close them until we get more snow (hopefully tuesday).

If we get the snow there calling for next week I think it should be ok . I kept the beast parked all weekend so I don't know how the trail's survived no way was I going out with the warm temperatures to rip up the base . Owen Sound weather Tonight Clear. Low minus 9. Monday Increasing cloudiness. Snow beginning near noon. Amount 2 to 4 cm. High minus 3. Monday night Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind east 20 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 3. I'm hoping for some mid week riding .

We did a loop Atwood-Molesworth-Palmerston-Teviotdale-Listowel and back to Atwood on Sunday. The bushes tended to be really thin to mud. Most of the trails weren't too bad but there were enough mud spots being opened up by the sun in different areas. We initially started up the rail bed to Listowel but quickly turned around. It was pretty much bare gravel with the odd snow spot. I thought the Palmerston club house was just east of the covered bridge. We missed it on Sunday.

Rode in the Walkerton area on Saturday & Sunday, some to the corners & some fields were getting thin to bare & muddy..........if they don't get the cold weather & more snow it wouldn't surprise me if they close the trails again till mother nature starts to cooperate

We did a loop Atwood-Molesworth-Palmerston-Teviotdale-Listowel and back to Atwood on Sunday. The bushes tended to be really thin to mud. Most of the trails weren't too bad but there were enough mud spots being opened up by the sun in different areas. We initially started up the rail bed to Listowel but quickly turned around. It was pretty much bare gravel with the odd snow spot. I thought the Palmerston club house was just east of the covered bridge. We missed it on Sunday.

Palmerston Clubhouse is just south of the Covered bridge, like 1000'.

Left from Varney (Snowmobiles Unlimited) Saturday morning. Rode up the west side of Durham and looped back down to Ayton. Then up through Neustadt to Hanover clubhouse. Over to The Dunkeld for lunch. Up to Chesley after lunch and back down to Neustadt to Varney. 200 kms with probably 70% good, 25% great.

For the other 5%

The tops are showing in the plowed fields, in a half dozen areas the trail is gone stake to stake for 100 feet or more. Bush trails are 50/50 some good, some not. Frost was coming out of the ground on the gravel roads and road shoulders, pavement runs were bare.

I see they have dropped to Limited conditions in this area now.

Hopefully we get all the snow that's predicted for the week.

Apparently the Palm clubhouse was torn down.They want to build one with road access for cars to get in and out.

Blyth Clinton and Goderich trails got a decent amount of snow over night last night and I have seen evidence of the groomer near Clinton. The trails in this area are still listed as closed.

Apparently the Palm clubhouse was torn down.They want to build one with road access for cars to get in and out.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that.

I just read their website. Says they are debating whether to build or not.

Blyth Clinton and Goderich trails got a decent amount of snow over night last night and I have seen evidence of the groomer near Clinton. The trails in this area are still listed as closed.

Strange that they are still closed. The groomer has been out, and there seems to be no shortage of snow. Also, Pineridge has been limited for a couple of days now.

Strange that they are still closed. The groomer has been out, and there seems to be no shortage of snow. Also, Pineridge has been limited for a couple of days now.

Rode the Exeter trails today from Hensal to work. On the way to work the trails were good in most areas some feilds were pretty bumpy, on the way back to Hensal met the groomer on the B108 in Hay swamp.

Skidooer: I'm sure the trails will be opened for the weekend. I've seen the club try this before.

Clinton/Blyth posted open/ltd. now. Met groomers yesterday afternoon around Hensall, they were planking down about 6" of fresh snow. Hopefully it set up well last night. Was even groomed on

East of HWY 4 at Hensall to help the trail back into the Shell Station on 4. Kippfer's is having

Yammy test drives on Saturday there.

Rode Atwood, to Teviotdale, Dundalk, Markdale, Durham, Mount Forest, Palmerston and back home. Pretty good riding with the new snow. Only part not groomed was Spot Restaurant, Mt. Forest to Pike Lake. Rest was good to excellent conditions. Considering the milder conditions.

The wife and I parked at the arena in Milverton today for a ride. We went over towards Millbank and then up to Conestoga Lake. The trails were really thin until we got closer to the lake. We were bumping over frozen dirt. If the sun had of been out it would not have been nice. We then went up to Teviotdale, Palmerston, Fordwich, Listowel, Atwood and back to Milverton. We came across a few trails that were thin but most were in reltively decent shape. The worst stuff was around Milverton for lack of snow. All in all a good rifde for the day.

Rode Atwood, to Teviotdale, Dundalk, Markdale, Durham, Mount Forest, Palmerston and back home. Pretty good riding with the new snow. Only part not groomed was Spot Restaurant, Mt. Forest to Pike Lake. Rest was good to excellent conditions. Considering the milder conditions.

I have rode the same area a few times now and I think Mount Forest grooms that area on Thursday nights.

Archived