trail signage near the parry sound area

flash 800

We were in this area last weekend. Had a great time. Trails were in fairly good shape considering the 1000 sleds we seen. But a problem we had 3 times in the same day was the trail we wanted either just ended or we couldn't find. The first trail was the 700 going south of the sequin trail. It started fine but we ended up on the D trail when it was suppose to take us to the C102. Never found any signage telling us to go anywhere else. The next one was the C102 itself coming off the sequin, we didn't see anything. So we continued down the sequin to the rosseau trail (forget the number)and decided to go to rosseau but then we ended up on the C trail. Didn't see any signs to contiue to rosseau. Is it just me or is there a problem here. All trails were posted as open on the ofsc too. C102 showed part of it was limited.

We were in this area last weekend. Had a great time. Trails were in fairly good shape considering the 1000 sleds we seen. But a problem we had 3 times in the same day was the trail we wanted either just ended or we couldn't find. The first trail was the 700 going south of the sequin trail. It started fine but we ended up on the D trail when it was suppose to take us to the C102. Never found any signage telling us to go anywhere else. The next one was the C102 itself coming off the sequin, we didn't see anything. So we continued down the sequin to the rosseau trail (forget the number)and decided to go to rosseau but then we ended up on the C trail. Didn't see any signs to contiue to rosseau. Is it just me or is there a problem here. All trails were posted as open on the ofsc too. C102 showed part of it was limited.

I'm familiar with the area you are talking about. We have a cottage on Bear Lake, which is Northeast of the 700 "Jimmy Jacque trail".

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe you can get to the C102 this way anymore.

Years ago, you would take the 700 south of the sequin until you come to a "T" at Middle Rd. Then you used to be able to go right. Can't remember the trail #, but I thought it was the 701 or the 702? It would take you out to West Bear Lake Rd past Horn Lake and then across to Axe Lake rd. Then you'd get onto the (320??) to hook up with the C102. As far as I know, this section (West Bear Lake Rd to Axe Lake Rd.) has been closed for for a few years now...

Don't think you can get from the 700 to the C102....the 320 has not been open for at least 4-5 years (from when I started sledding in the area).

you would have to pick up the C102 from the Seguin...the start of the C102 heading South may start as road running at the very beginning if memory serves correct...which may be why the turn was missed??

OK so it's not just me then. I'm usually pretty good with this sorta thing. The trail for the C102 didn't seem to have a sign for it. We seen the C101 and the C102 was suppose to be just before it heading west but blew right on by. They really should update there maps if none of these exist anymore. We probably wasted 1 1/2 hrs because of all that. As for the 201 how did we end up on the C trail by that restaurant? I didn't see any junction for staying on the 201 to Rosseau.

OH I know what lake you mean. We actually turned around on that lake and went the other way. They just called it a lake trail and we wanted to stay on the (well I thought)land trail. Not signed properly at all then. To bad, we were gonna stop in rosseau for something to eat too.

I'm familiar with the area you are talking about. We have a cottage on Bear Lake, which is Northeast of the 700 "Jimmy Jacque trail".

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe you can get to the C102 this way anymore.

Years ago, you would take the 700 south of the sequin until you come to a "T" at Middle Rd. Then you used to be able to go right. Can't remember the trail #, but I thought it was the 701 or the 702? It would take you out to West Bear Lake Rd past Horn Lake and then across to Axe Lake rd. Then you'd get onto the (320??) to hook up with the C102. As far as I know, this section (West Bear Lake Rd to Axe Lake Rd.) has been closed for for a few years now...

The 700 south from the Seguin, west on Middle ,then south again, still the 700 till Axe Lake road west on Axe lake feeds into 320 heading west to C102 just south of the hunt camp on that big swamp. Thats where you would pick up 310 going west, called Star Lake Trail. Whole area has been abandoned by the local club, not groomed in years I don't think. I have ridden the 320 310 and C102 many times in years past, but probably not for the last 3 have they been looked after. Too bad nice trails esp the 102 as that is part of the Old Nippising Colnization road. Goes all the way from Rosseau to Commanda.

Archived