Port Elgin / Sauble Beach

firecat7

Six of us are headed to the Super 8 in Port Elgin on the 19th,any reports on this area would be appreciated over the next week,haven't been up here since New years,thanks.

I was in Port Elgin on Saturday and the trails were excellent. B108 was in great shape as were the club trails in the area.

I know Sauble is good,and Southampton was pretty decent too :wavey:

I know Sauble is good,and Southampton was pretty decent too :wavey:

I'm riding from Sauble on Sat the 13th and Sunday 14th if anyone wants to ride with. Be careful around Sauble. I rode some fields last Sat. that were basically dirt, and some trails in bush that were excellent.

Send me a message if interested in riding this weekend.

We are planning to ride from home (Bayfield area) to Port Elgin and Wiarton

this weekend. It will be a slower tour as our son is riding with us. I can post ride routes and conditons on return. Forecasting a little snow every day

for the next week so conditons should improve for you. :cheers:

this weekend. It will be a slower tour as our son is riding with us. I can post ride routes and conditons on return. Forecasting a little snow every day

That would be great if you could post the route you chose as well as the trail conditions. I'm visiting family at Sauble Beach this weekend and will be out riding from there. I live in London and although snow is pretty sparse everywhere, apparently people are riding the type of distances you mention. I've ridden once to London from Sauble and back, but in better winters. I'd love to know how things go. All we need is a little bit of snow and I think things may open up to the west of London starting in Komoka. I've got buddies there who dont have trailers, and want them to make this ride with me sometime this winter. B108 starting in Komoka heading north was groomed Friday afternoon, but trails were reported as closed despite sled track marks that have been on them recently.

Looking forward to your report!

A buddy and I rode from Mount Forest up to Port Elgin for lunch yesterday and the trails were 8-9/10,we were the first on groomed trails in the morning,and they were still in great shape on the way back.150 miles of great weather and trails...couldnt ask for more.

I hope the trails are still in great shape for this coming weekend,thanks for the replies guys.

We had a great family-day long week end. Left Saturday morning and rode to Port-Elgin. B108/B109 and club trails were much better north of Wingham/Teeswater. Clinton/Blyth was skinny for snow and much worse on Monday after-noon. Chesley/Port-E/Southhampton trail were all were all quite good on Sunday. Please note that the gas station in Chesley is NOT open on Sundays any more. This was causing some grief for many touring through the area. Traffic was over-all pretty light so the trails were holding up and saw groomers all week-end. It was great to see lots of family's out with the kids. I was impressed with other

riders were slowing down and respecting those of us out with small riders aboard. Only one close call

with a dude riding two fast with two adults on a one up (not enough ski on the ground to turn) If I had not stopped before the corner in the bush(I could easily see he was comming in fast) he would have hit us hard.

Cheers

I rode from wingham to stokes Bay last weekend wingham to Sauble was pretty decent Sauble to Mar was pretty dirty and the trails were beat pretty hard.

We had a great family-day long week end. Left Saturday morning and rode to Port-Elgin. B108/B109 and club trails were much better north of Wingham/Teeswater. Clinton/Blyth was skinny for snow and much worse on Monday after-noon. Chesley/Port-E/Southhampton trail were all were all quite good on Sunday. Please note that the gas station in Chesley is NOT open on Sundays any more. This was causing some grief for many touring through the area. Traffic was over-all pretty light so the trails were holding up and saw groomers all week-end. It was great to see lots of family's out with the kids. I was impressed with other

riders were slowing down and respecting those of us out with small riders aboard. Only one close call

with a dude riding two fast with two adults on a one up (not enough ski on the ground to turn) If I had not stopped before the corner in the bush(I could easily see he was comming in fast) he would have hit us hard.

Cheers

Any additional info would be appreciated. I may attempt to ride from London to my parents at Sauble on Sat. I rode south Sauble last weekend and suggest to anyone heading up from the south to head toward Chesley or Tara and into Shallow Lake or Hepworth for better snow. B111 has many bare spots north of Southampton. I think I'll head to Mitchell from London if possible and may even take B111 into Owen Sound.

Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Archived