where to unload in Capreol???

ipgreen09

Hey All,

Going from Capreol to Shining Tree tomorrow...................need to know where to park trailer and catch the trails.

Thanks

If you are just going for the day I would suggest driving straight through Capreol. You will follow the skidoo trail for a bit. When u get to the Y You will see the trail straight a head. There is actally a turn around plowed for trucks and trailers. If u are looking to overnight leave the truck and trailer at Rockys.

You can also drop at the Capreol arena and catch the trail from there.

Evil

Thanks,

Are you saying that I should stay on Hwy 84(Sellwood Ave.) and unload there???? Can you leave the truck and trailer at the turn-around??

Thanks again.

ipgreen

I have no idea what the hwy is called, it's the main road through Capreol.Stay on it until the first Y (at that Y you would make a right to Rocky's) the trail is at the Y, the trail actually follows the road on your right from Capreol to that Y. My suggestion is that, but you could leave from the arena as well, skip across the park and you're on the trail.

There are actually a number of parking spots up that way Evil. One is at the Y you suggested (This is Portalance Rd - if you take this road you will come to a turn to Rockies) A second spot is about a Km ahead at the old Quarry Rd (right at the junction of C and C111D trail) Another is just past the bailey bridge beside the C111D trail, another is at Milnet by the tracks and lastly lots of space up by the old Moose Mtn mine site.

The road in question is regional rd 84 or Sellwood Dr (both are the same)

I park in all of these areas at times and leave the truck and trailer there. Especially early and late season

There are actually a number of parking spots up that way Evil. One is at the Y you suggested (This is Portalance Rd - if you take this road you will come to a turn to Rockies) A second spot is about a Km ahead at the old Quarry Rd (right at the junction of C and C111D trail) Another is just past the bailey bridge beside the C111D trail, another is at Milnet by the tracks and lastly lots of space up by the old Moose Mtn mine site.

The road in question is regional rd 84 or Sellwood Dr (both are the same)

I park in all of these areas at times and leave the truck and trailer there. Especially early and late season

hey CL, Yes you are correct about all the other places you suggested. I just suggested the ones that I thought of hitting pretty good trails right off the bat. (less trailering) but all places are good suggestions.

Does anyone know if we can leave a truck and trailer at the Y overnight? Would that cause any problems? We are thinking of leaving Thursday morning and coming back Friday evening.

Does anyone know if we can leave a truck and trailer at the Y overnight? Would that cause any problems? We are thinking of leaving Thursday morning and coming back Friday evening.

Many people leave there vehicles in all the places I mentioned but a better place would be at the STP building in Garson. Adds some more miles depending on where you are going. Personally I would rather leave my truck at Milnet - a little less obvious as it is off the main road.

Archived