Barrie to Orillia

Bark Biter

Hey gang

Planning on running from Barrie to Orillia this weekend, actually Lake Couch.

Any idea how many k's that is?

Plan on taking lots of pics, gonna have a blast, stay at a cousin's who just moved up across from Rama last summer.

Hey gang

Plan on taking lots of pics, gonna have a blast, stay at a cousin's who just moved up across from Rama last summer.

I've never been there, but I may be riding Barrie to Orillia too, what are snow conditions like. I have read ofsc. I'm just heading for the day though.

Hey gang

I've never been there, but I may be riding Barrie to Orillia too, what are snow conditions like. I have read ofsc. I'm just heading for the day though.

We went out the other night for a bit and only ran as far as Hillsdale. The trails were in better shape than we thought, just a few patches here and there of bareness, but in good conditons otherwise.

Sorry, I don't know the distance but others on here are very familiar with the area and, hopefully, will chime in. I do know that if you take trail 206 to Hawkestone and 203 from there to Orillia you'll be there in lickety-split. A little hop and bounce through town and you'll be out on Lake Couchiching at Tudhope Park. Follow the stake line, Orillia 204, if your friends are on the west side of the Lake across from Rama. Or cut east at the B intersection mid-lake if they are on the East side of the lake. Heck, have them meet you in town or at the mid-lake intersection. :-) Not sure from where you are leaving in Barrie but from the intersection of trails 421/206 on the north side of Barrie to the mid-Couchiching intersection will take you an hour (maybe ;-) )

Hey gang

Barrie to Orillia is pretty sparse on the snow. I would suggest starting from Orillia and heading north. The farther you go from Orillia north the better it gets. It's a quick ride from Orillia to Port Severn. About 1 hour. If you run the staked ice across Little Lake and Gloucester Pool then Six Mile Lake you are at the junction of C and B105. There was a good foot and a half of fresh powder there last Sunday.

Hey gang

Barrie to Orillia is pretty sparse on the snow. I would suggest starting from Orillia and heading north. The farther you go from Orillia north the better it gets. It's a quick ride from Orillia to Port Severn. About 1 hour. If you run the staked ice across Little Lake and Gloucester Pool then Six Mile Lake you are at the junction of C and B105. There was a good foot and a half of fresh powder there last Sunday.

Except they are from Barrie and just want to sled up to visit the cousin in Orillia.

If they stay over and are looking for a loop the next day I would agree that heading up the B105C would make a good ride for them.

Hey gang

Except they are from Barrie and just want to sled up to visit the cousin in Orillia.

If they stay over and are looking for a loop the next day I would agree that heading up the B105C would make a good ride for them.

LOL, thanx all for the info. We will be staging at the clubhouse Sat morning, Snow Voyageurs, then heading up. Will hook up with my cousin in Orillia, run Couch, and prob end up near Gravenhusrt late tomorrow so I am told. Will head back to Rama, spend the night and who knows where we will end up on Sunday. All I know is its gonna be a great weekend without me rolling the sled, LOL

All I know is its gonna be a great weekend without me rolling the sled, LOL

Don't go doin' that :shock:

Enjoy your ride. It is a little 'skinny' down around Midhurst but the rail line north from there really isn't "too" bad. Once you get north of Hawkestone, you're getting good. You'll be fine around Orillia and up Gravenhurst way, even more snow. The conditions around here are terrific. :-)

...........and keep the rubber side down ! :-P

All I know is its gonna be a great weekend without me rolling the sled, LOL

Don't go doin' that :shock:

Enjoy your ride. It is a little 'skinny' down around Midhurst but the rail line north from there really isn't "too" bad. Once you get north of Hawkestone, you're getting good. You'll be fine around Orillia and up Gravenhurst way, even more snow. The conditions around here are terrific. :-)

...........and keep the rubber side down ! :-P

Thanx STG, will do my best to keep the rubber side down, and if all else fails someone better get pics this time aroun.

Archived