Highland Rover trails all closed?

Dogan

Does anyone know for sure why the Highland Rover trails (Emsdale) are all closed? I don't believe they're part of PSSD.

I saw over on dootalk.com that BRP is having some Dealer demo rides of 2009 sleds at Deerhurst this weekend. Without the D102B (Highland Rovers) going North from Deerhurst, any riding for them will have to start by Peninsula Lake or by road on D102B south and that doesn't seem like good planning. Maybe BRP had them close the trails for the own purposes?

We had a trip planned this weekend from Honey Harbour up to South River and with PSSD shut down and the Highland trails CLOSED, there just isn't anyway to get there now. Those two situations have basically eliminated any travel between the south and the north. We only get up north 2 or 3 times a season and this is very frustrating with the seasons getting shorter and shorter.

If anyone has any information as to why the Highland Rovers trails are CLOSED, please let me know.

Thanks.

I saw over on dootalk.com that BRP is having some Dealer demo rides of 2009 sleds at Deerhurst this weekend. Without the D102B (Highland Rovers) going North from Deerhurst, any riding for them will have to start by Peninsula Lake or by road on D102B south and that doesn't seem like good planning. Maybe BRP had them close the trails for the own purposes?

We had a trip planned this weekend from Honey Harbour up to South River and with PSSD shut down and the Highland trails CLOSED, there just isn't anyway to get there now. Those two situations have basically eliminated any travel between the south and the north. We only get up north 2 or 3 times a season and this is very frustrating with the seasons getting shorter and shorter.

If anyone has any information as to why the Highland Rovers trails are CLOSED, please let me know.

Thanks.

I noticed that this closure on the OFSC web-site this morning, and wondered the same thing, since I typically ride north out of Huntsville. I suspected it was because of the flash freeze and nasty wind yesterday, requiring some time for clean-up of downed trees/brush and re-grooming, fixing icy spots, etc....but that's just total speculation. I sure hope it's not the "PSSD closure virus", although (thankfully) that situation seems to be getting turned around today, based on the latest press releases.

Maybe somebody else a little closer to the situation can educate us both.

With PSSD grooming again, I've heard elsewhere that the Highland club may re-open again for the weekend. This doesn't sound like a closure due to snow conditions but only someone in that club would know for sure.

I sure hope that these sudden club closures do not become an ongoing situtation. That would make it impossible to plan any sort of snowmobiling trip and it's even worse when we already have a 3-4 hour drive just to get to the trails.

The Highland Rovers trails are all reopened and groomed with the exception of the 95 trail from Bay Lake to the Melissa tee. They were listed as closed to remove downed trees from last weeks wind storm.

I talked to the president's wife on Fri. Feb. 1 and was informed that the trails were closed purely for safety reasons due to the mild weather & rain on Jan.29 & high winds causing some damage on Jan. 30. They were back up & grooming before the weekend as their section of D101B & D102B was in great shape on Sat. morning Feb.2. This PSSD issue seems to have a lot of people pretty paranoid. The HRSC was just trying to keep everyone safe as far as I can see.

Is anyone aware of why the section of 95 between D102B and 93 is closed? For that matter, why the 93 is closed from the 95 to the 92?

I'm over at Buck Lake ... and that trail is a quick way for me to get to Huntsville etc. I really miss it ...

Is anyone aware of why the section of 95 between D102B and 93 is closed? For that matter, why the 93 is closed from the 95 to the 92?

I'm over at Buck Lake ... and that trail is a quick way for me to get to Huntsville etc. I really miss it ...

Wish I knew too...I prefer the 95 route to Kearney (from Huntsville.)

Anybody???? :?::wtf:

The 95 trail is closed due to high waterlevels at oudaze lake not making groomer passage possible. The swamp near Bay Lake is also stopping the groomer from coming through the north end of the trail.

95 between D102B and 93 is open and the 93 is open from the 95 to the 92.

YES!!! Thanks Yellow!

The 95 trail is closed due to high waterlevels at oudaze lake not making groomer passage possible. The swamp near Bay Lake is also stopping the groomer from coming through the north end of the trail.

Thanks for the update...I guess we should assume that leg of 95 won't open at all this season then (?)

Archived