Rosseau trip help,

daranello

Hey guys taking my wife for her first snowmobile trip (remember first...slow and easy) we are staying at Redleaves Marriott near the Cleavland house....can you guys suggest some good day trip and must places to eat and see....thanks a million Darren

I don't know where you are sledding but if I may, here are some suggestions from a guy that has takeen many "first timers"

Stop often to make sure they are OK

Make sure they don't follow too closely (fumes and rear enders)

Invest in some toe and hand warming packs

Wear a Neck Warmer

Put them second in line

Don't speed off

No more then 1 hour then stop for coffee/pee

May be preaching to the choir here but iof not hope this helps

Do NOT take her on the c102 unless it is properly open at the time . Not limited but open it can be heaven and it can be he double hockey sticks . the ride out towards humprey and the up the 201 is great with a stop at timmy's or the Jolly Roger golden griddle as well if you head south there is Memories of muskoka or the Crestview (great specials) H&H (great specialties awesome prices) and Oscars . The Seguin is a nice beginners trail but you will cover a fair bit of trail before you get there .

Just stayed there two weeks ago, great place, very sled friendly, ask for a CAA rate.

The trails only go north and there is lots of road running for the first thirty minutes but then it's beautiful. Try to get to Crossroads for lunch in Rosseau, should take you under two hours each way at a beginner pace. We made it from Memories of Muskoka in under two hours so that's an option also.

For more detailed conditions call Wallace Marine, they are the affiliated sled tour operator. The ice may be safe now which will open more options.

Do NOT take her on the c102 unless it is properly open at the time . Not limited but open it can be heaven and it can be he double hockey sticks . the ride out towards humprey and the up the 201 is great with a stop at timmy's or the Jolly Roger golden griddle as well if you head south there is Memories of muskoka or the Crestview (great specials) H&H (great specialties awesome prices) and Oscars . The Seguin is a nice beginners trail but you will cover a fair bit of trail before you get there .

does C102 run north from the hotel??

Does anyone want to ride with my wife and I this fRIDAY and or Sat??

does C102 run north from the hotel??

Does anyone want to ride with my wife and I this fRIDAY and or Sat??

C102 runs from Rosseau to the seguin DO NOT DO it Yet !! have fun and ride safe played right this could bring you and your wife incredibly close . Good luck pay attention to your wife and enjoy .

Definitely stop at Crossroads in Rosseau for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Trust me, you will enjoy it. Never had a bad meal there yet. It's clean, great food and great service. C102 is a great trail however it was not open at the top end toward towards the Sequin last weekend. As WB said, likely best to head east on the 350 to 201.

Archived