Bayfield, Goderich, Clinton, Seaforth

Sledder12

Anyone know the snow conditions for these areas?

Trails anywhere near opening?

Thanks

I'd be interested in knowing this too as we are thinking of heading that way on Wednesday. I see Hanover and Walkerton are open so we will probably have to head up there.

I was up to Exeter to pick up parts on Saturday am, on the way I was thinking I might trailer up Sunday..... once there it did not look good enough to go for me. There had been a couple sleds down the trail but that is it. It looked like about 6" of fresh snow blown to the fence and bush lines. I was talking to a friend tonight from Milverton (northeast of Stratford), he trailered to Grey county, not enough to ride from home. He also mentioned allot of traffic around the Markdale area, trails where taking a beating.

Some friends of mine rode from Clinton to Listowel and back and said the conditions were good for the most part. Could use some more snow in places though.

Around the Auburn area. We have decent snow except the open feilds. I've seen the trails listed as limited with less snow in the past. the trails in this area are listed as closed. The Lobbs loop had been groomed on friday night when I came home from work.

I can't imagine riding across the feilds and having my fillings loosened. We need more snow

Just back from a ride. Brussels,Monkton Seaforth Blyth and back. Brussels and Monkton area has the odd plowed field that is bare.But mainly decent shape. Up in behind Seaforth most of the trail is on plowed fields and they are brutal. Really need alot more snow . Hullet swamp not to bad of shape. Needs groomed same as Brussels trails.

Just back from a ride. Brussels,Monkton Seaforth Blyth and back. Brussels and Monkton area has the odd plowed field that is bare.But mainly decent shape. Up in behind Seaforth most of the trail is on plowed fields and they are brutal. Really need alot more snow . Hullet swamp not to bad of shape. Needs groomed same as Brussels trails.

North Huron Trail Groomers - Closed Temporarily

(Blyth, Clinton, Goderich, St Helens)

Trails in the North Huron area are CLOSED TEMPORARILY at this time due to rain and mild temperatures. 2/1/2010 9:42:31 PM

Trails in the North Huron area are CLOSED TEMPORARILY at this time due to rain and mild temperatures. 2/1/2010 9:42:31 PM

District 5~ - Closed Temporarily

Please respect our landowners and volunteers and stay off of the trails until they open. 2/1/2010 11:04:19 AM

District 5~ - Closed Temporarily

Please respect our landowners and volunteers and stay off of the trails until they open. 2/1/2010 11:04:19 AM

Unloaded at Blyth yesterday and sleeded the 109 north to Brussles area. Nice and groomed. Ran out of snow north of Brussles so headed back. I took a drive later around the Wingham area and it looks like their groomer hasn't seen daylight this year. Theres enough snow for them to start packing a base but I dont think they're (the club) interested. Sounds about right from what Ive heard other sledders say about the club. Im glad they didn't get my permit dollars.

My how things have changed, even just a couple years ago we wouldnt even have a conversation about lack of snow in Wingham in early February. This area was always a guarantee for tonnes of snow and great groomed trails. It's sad, it really is! :(

My how things have changed, even just a couple years ago we wouldnt even have a conversation about lack of snow in Wingham in early February. This area was always a guarantee for tonnes of snow and great groomed trails. It's sad, it really is! :(

Even some of the northern clubs arn't open yet...time to go to Michigan.

Been there twice this season already with great results both times! Cant argue with a $35 permit, cheaper gas and constant grooming either. They do have less trails though.

ya things might get a little thin here and there till just north of clinton then your good to durham

startin to snow here north of hwy#8

Trails were groomed yesterday in this area. Maybe they just knocked the tops of the furrows off!

Just back from 60 miles from back door B108#530-520-B109-441-542-530.all trails really good,oh also snowing lightly the hole way and some logging operations south of wingham(amish with horses,buggys)

Archived