HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE

bluvalian

Planning a rap ride starting in Huntsville. Figuring on riding huntsville to Mattawa on the first day wondering how long of a ride this is. I know the approx miles just wondering on the time.

Powassan to Mattawa is 72 miles/116 klicks. I haven't got GPS info for the new TOP D routing, so I can't help you w/ the Huntsville to Powassan stretch.

Check the links in my sig' for any other motel & mileage info.

Blu...

I was hoping someone with more local knowledge would pipe in, but from year's past I'd say you are looking at a full day's ride (Huntsville to Mattawa). Any chance you want to break it in two - sleep in North Bay? That way, you could ride North Bay to Mattawa during the day, via the highlands to the north. Awesome views up there, and you'd then take the abandoned railway line to Mattawa. Or, make North Bay your day one destination, and then day 2 try for North Bay to Mattawa, then south to Huntsville. North Bay to Mattawa via the rail line is express.

The way you are planning it, chances are you'd by-pass North Bay by heading east under North Bay (via Bonfield?). You'd miss the scenic highlands that way, and have to cross a few more lakes.

Found an intersting online map for North Bay, with OFSC trails. http://www.nbsc.ca/trails.html

We haven't gone out that way for a number of years, since the gas station shut down in Trout Creek and re-route of Trail D led to road rash.

I hope someone with North Bay info. assists you.

Thanks revernd i have your mileage and motel guide great work.

Powassan to Mattawa is 72 miles/116 klicks. I haven't got GPS info for the new TOP D routing, so I can't help you w/ the Huntsville to Powassan stretch.

Check the links in my sig' for any other motel & mileage info.

Thanks Canuck ill look at that. I was thinkning about doing a rap tour from huntsville on sunday thats why i was heading around to Mattawa but anything is on the table i may even still go north all i know is me and the mrs are goin to put some miles on all next week, only 75 so far this season.

Blu...

I was hoping someone with more local knowledge would pipe in, but from year's past I'd say you are looking at a full day's ride (Huntsville to Mattawa). Any chance you want to break it in two - sleep in North Bay? That way, you could ride North Bay to Mattawa during the day, via the highlands to the north. Awesome views up there, and you'd then take the abandoned railway line to Mattawa. Or, make North Bay your day one destination, and then day 2 try for North Bay to Mattawa, then south to Huntsville. North Bay to Mattawa via the rail line is express.

The way you are planning it, chances are you'd by-pass North Bay by heading east under North Bay (via Bonfield?). You'd miss the scenic highlands that way, and have to cross a few more lakes.

Found an intersting online map for North Bay, with OFSC trails. http://www.nbsc.ca/trails.html

We haven't gone out that way for a number of years, since the gas station shut down in Trout Creek and re-route of Trail D led to road rash.

I hope someone with North Bay info. assists you.

Archived