Recent trail reports: Ahmic Lake, Dunchurch north towards Port Loring/Restoule?

danmarsh50

As for where to eat in Ardbeg there is only one choice . Loggers restaraunt . It is under new ownership so I am unsure but have not heard any complaints and bad news usually travels quick so maybe no news is good news .

Wasn't aware of new ownership, but in the past the fish and chips have been pretty good.

They have a new (ahem) Web site??

http://www.loggersstationhouse.com/

Hey...they fixed the spelling of Plum sauce on the online version!! The live version has Plumb sauce...at least you know they're on the level (I figured I'd say it first) :)....

Hey...they fixed the spelling of Plum sauce on the online version!! The live version has Plumb sauce...at least you know they're on the level (I figured I'd say it first) smile.gif....

Couple of weeks ago they had no Menu's posted. Perhaps a work in progress!

Hey...they fixed the spelling of Plum sauce on the online version!! The live version has Plumb sauce...at least you know they're on the level (I figured I'd say it first) :)....

Ha ha ...good one doktorc....although if I had a dollar for every restaurant advertising 'full coarse meals' I could retire with one of those fancy power steering sleds....or maybe it's just the new emphasis on fiber intake....

Prices look pretty reasonable and it's one of the few stops in the area...hope they make a go of it. Maybe we'll get some reports in the accomodation/food/gas forum.

Ha ha ...good one doktorc....although if I had a dollar for every restaurant advertising 'full coarse meals' I could retire with one of those fancy power steering sleds....or maybe it's just the new emphasis on fiber intake....

Prices look pretty reasonable and it's one of the few stops in the area...hope they make a go of it. Maybe we'll get some reports in the accomodation/food/gas forum.

Re Loggers. We were there last Saturday. A great burger with real meat. Our waitress, Lisa, was very good and looked after us as best she could but was waiting on the kitchen and training new staff. She has been there many years and knows what's required to keep snowmobilers happy. I think it's a big learning curve for the new owner who calls the shots. Please offer suggestions to them as to how they can improve as they are an important location on the trail system and we would not want to loose them. Sometimes we don't need gas and even thou it is a bit more expensive we top up anyway to help them out. It would be a major PITA if there was no gas available in the area

RW

Re Loggers. We were there last Saturday. A great burger with real meat. Our waitress, Lisa, was very good and looked after us as best she could but was waiting on the kitchen and training new staff. She has been there many years and knows what's required to keep snowmobilers happy. I think it's a big learning curve for the new owner who calls the shots. Please offer suggestions to them as to how they can improve as they are an important location on the trail system and we would not want to loose them. Sometimes we don't need gas and even thou it is a bit more expensive we top up anyway to help them out. It would be a major PITA if there was no gas available in the area

RW

Are they licenced?

RW

Are they licenced?

Yes they are licensed and observe a 2 beer limit strictly. Good for them!

Yes they are licensed and observe a 2 beer limit strictly. Good for them!

Awesome, not like that place in Sprucedale where the sledders get gooned up and tear up & down the Seguin.

Archived