Dunchurch, Ardbeg, Port Loring Conditions?

danmarsh50

Understand that warm weather and rain/sleet is forecasted for Sunday/Monday.

Wondering if anyone has been between dunchurch/amhic lake area and Port Loring lately (lake trails/land trails)?

Planning to come up to Dunchurch area from lower Michigan the first week of February. Rain in the forecast for Sunday/Monday - curious what the lake riding/trail conditions were like (before the rain starts). Forecast looks like cold weather coming back, but little snow fall forecasted.

I'm in the frame of mind that as long as the ice is good, there's enough snow around to lube hyfax - I'm coming up.

Done a lot of (great) riding this winter in the upper peninsula of Michigan (lot's of lake effect snow), but there's nothing more beautiful than riding the lakes and trails of central ontario!

Wondering if anyone has been between dunchurch/amhic lake area and Port Loring lately (lake trails/land trails)?

Planning to come up to Dunchurch area from lower Michigan the first week of February. Rain in the forecast for Sunday/Monday - curious what the lake riding/trail conditions were like (before the rain starts). Forecast looks like cold weather coming back, but little snow fall forecasted.

I'm in the frame of mind that as long as the ice is good, there's enough snow around to lube hyfax - I'm coming up.

Done a lot of (great) riding this winter in the upper peninsula of Michigan (lot's of lake effect snow), but there's nothing more beautiful than riding the lakes and trails of central ontario!

Took the lake trail to Port Loring yesterday. Snow conditions were minimal but the trails were not bad considering the low snow. Lakes were in excellent shape and staked all the way. Had lunch at Jake's told him we were going to get 2 feet of snow this week and he replied - Yeah likely 2 cm you mean! Talked to a couple of guys down from North Bay and they said conditions were similar.

Depending on how much rain we get tonight and Monday and snow later in the week will tell whether there will be any trails left for next wknd. Dunchurch area hasn't really had enough snow to groom C104D to Ardbeg (need about 2 ft to fill in the cracks and then another 2 ft to groom) and beyond. The clubs are doing what they can with the snow that's here. Hopefully February will bring snow and lots of it.

Even further north is crying for more snow. Maybe we should thank El Nino.

I was up that way last week,lake was awesome,,,trail for ok,but they need some snow for sure,,,,where do you ride in the UP,I ride out of Strongs,, :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well look who showed up. Ed was down in Chatham this past weekend & was telling me him & Blake rode over to Sprucedale & back. He said the trail between Dunchurch & Ardbeg is rough & more snow is needed. The lake trail is rideable but more snow is needed as well.

Archived