Baxter Snow Riders Trail Work Saturday ,January ,16th

Yukon

The club recently had permission granted by the township to groom the Ditch along Lone Pine Road (C-trail) to the Mailboxes at the trail head of the colonization road . So we are looking for some volunteers to help brush / toss some of the saplings and small trees along the ditch , it certainly is not heavy work and with a few extra bodies it should only take a couple of hours to complete and at the same time getting us off running the road .

If we have a good turnout , Smitty and Myself may split the group up and brush back some overhang for the groomer along C-trail where we couldn't access because of beaver issues this year .

We'd like to get this part done before the heavy/deep snow arrives and the real sledding begins .

We will be meeting at H/S Amco at 10 am sharp and will head out by Car or Sled . Some of us will be there at 9 am for breakfast if you'd like to join us your more than welcome too .The club will provide the chainsaws and we ask you to bring work clothes and a pair of boots you don't mind getting dirty , if you have a safety vest that will help since we are working a ditch at the road .

Here are the directions to Amco for any out of towners www.baxtersnowriders.com

Paul it is certainly a pleasure to see someone as involved in the sport as you are. Unfortunatly I can not help you with this project but I am sure your efforts here will benefit your club.

I rember your early days of snowmobiling! :wavey:

Scotty

Thanks Scott !

It just takes one spark I'm just more vocal !

Gotta plan a ride now that your not so busy !

Pm me your number brother !

Well we had a awesome turn out with 10 Volunteers for Saturdays trail work and we were able to bang off both planned projects along C-trail running north out of Port Severn .

First up was the ditch running along Lone Pine road , we wanted to make this part of trail more sledder friendly as it for a good km is a road run , now we can run the ditch .

Our Groomer operator Dan decided to come out and lend his chainsaw skills for the morning since , well we need more snow too groom .

Trailworkjanuary162010001.jpg

Trailworkjanuary162010002.jpg

Our fearless leader 6milehi (Trail Director) observing and making sure everything gets done right !

Trailworkjanuary162010006.jpg

Taking a break and asking why the Camera guy ain't working !

Trailworkjanuary162010005.jpg

Baxter Snow Riders Trail Patrollers Kennydoo and yamaharules pitching in !

Trailworkjanuary162010007.jpg

The finished ditch !

Trailworkjanuary162010003.jpg

C-Trail brushing back the overhang !

Trailworkjanuary162010008.jpg

Indy Brian lopping up some brush !

Trailworkjanuary162010009.jpg

Big Mike taking care of the saplings with the brusher !

Trailworkjanuary162010010.jpg

yamaharules enjoying 6milehi verbally abusing the Cameraman !

Trailworkjanuary162010011.jpg

All in all it was a great day to be out doing trail work since riding Saturday would have made a mess !

What a awesome crew thanks guys for all your efforts from the day !

Trailworkjanuary162010012.jpg

Sunday since we had some cold return overnight Kennydoo and myself decided to head out and check on how the trails had faired from the warm up , C-trail south to Coldwater from Port Severn seems to be holding up under limited status .

Trailworkjanuary162010016.jpg

Trailworkjanuary162010015.jpg

We decided it would be a good time to update our mapboards for the season !

Trailworkjanuary162010014.jpg

C-Trail running alongside the 400 .

Trailworkjanuary162010017.jpg

Low traffic has helped hold things Limited and we certainly need more snow !

Decided to go for a rip out on Georgian Bay and head to Beausolei island and to our surprise things were excellent concidering the warm up !

Trailworkjanuary162010018.jpg

Trailworkjanuary162010021.jpg

Trailworkjanuary162010020.jpg

She was a Gooder !

:woot::woot:

Paul Ineson

Club Volunteer Coordinator

District 7 Via Coordinator

Yes sir Mr Guy !

Its the trail running from the tip of Beausolei running out to the Light house looking out towards Giants tomb. The National Park has done a excellent job Grooming.

We ride the ice and out to the island when the club trails aren't quite ready for traffic.

For the most part we have a 4" base that's holding up but we need more snow. We could open up some more trails as limited but we've chosen to keep them closed until colder temps return.

Let me know when you are heading through for the Midland tour and I will hook up with you guys for a short run !

great news!!!!! :right_on::right_on:

Archived