Anyone been to Magnetawan recently, or going during Xmas?

yamisxr

What's the snow situation in the Mag? (how much, any signs of trail packing/ grooming?) :wtf:

I believe there's one or two OC members cottage on Ahmic (me too). :wavey:

61 viewers to this thread and no one leaves a response? :wtf:

I thought this was a social place to hang out and here I am responding to my own posts. :whatever:

Dear Santa, I want more snow for Christmas! Please? I've been really good... :D

I hear you Wildbill and that's what I figured but when 61 had viewed it and not added anything like, "yeah, me too", or "Magnetawan! Who the heck rides in Magnetawan!", or even, "I lost my job, sold the cottage, sold my sled, and why did you have to bring THAT up?" :coffeespit:

See you on the trails! (anywhere between Orillia, North Bay and Parry Sound)

First time looking at this thread, I m in burks falls, but going up after xmas, will check things out

Last report I got from magnetawan was about a foot , that was 2 weeks ago prior to Georgian bay unleashing its wrath upon the north .

It could only be better , but I'd imagine the trails will take some time to get set up still .

Here's whats reported open under limited conditions as of today if your really jonesing for a ride .

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/Trails/TrailDetails.asp?Dist=2

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/Trails/TrailDetails.asp?Dist=4

OK I just read this, I don't drop in everyday. I plan on going to my cottage on Ahmic lake between christmas and new years. Called a friend of mine who lives in Mag and forget ridding on the lake or swamps right now. Trails not open, need lots of cold right now. I put a new colored metal roof on my cottage last year and no more need to worry about snow build up ,it just slids off. If you know where "lone rock" is in the middle of the lake, I'm the red roof on the north shore right by it... :wavey:

Was in Burks Falls two weeks ago, lots of snow, trail work has started, at least packing has. If I know the Almaguin Club if at all possible they will be open for Christmas. We are heading up Christmas Day, I will try and post conditions as soon I know them. Our cottage is on the Magnetewan River just outside of Burks Falls, as you can see by the pic the river was wide open two weeks ago.

148_3cb1bd84ec993c9881ed3634b86cac10

Archived