Service ?

Wildbill

A customer wants reverse installed on his 2009 Yamaha Phazer it was a base model with no reverse . One would think that this is simple just by the kit and install it right ? WRONG Yamaha does not make a kit available ! very dissapionting .

Why make it easy. :banghead:

(you're going to advise him that Yamaha's eat the snow flap in reverse, aren't you? :lol: )

But that reminds me of a letter to Editor I recently read in a sledding magazine - Where did the 'affordable' sled go?

His point was, he wanted a sled without reverse, electric start, $300 worth of decals and graphics, electronics, etc. Those were readily available years ago - not today.

Interesting that your customer wants to 'upgrade' his sled and more interesting how Yamaha makes it expensive/difficult to fix er up.

Like a new car or truck. Seems most things are sold as "groups" for convenience. Popular options are grouped together and the price tag goes up. A buddy of mine wanted a Dodge Ram with a rubber floor. Seems simple, but it had to be specially ordered and built with others ordered as part of a fleet for some utility company. He just wanted a rubber/ vinyl floor that cleaned up easy when he went hunting.

Where did the 'affordable' sled go?

Right here. $5000 brand new. ;)

"Bullet-proof design"

I actually like it - but then I've been accused of liking fugly boats (tugs), cars (Dodge caravan), so what do I know.

Where did the 'affordable' sled go?

Right here. $5000 brand new. ;)

"Bullet-proof design"

I actually like it - but then I've been accused of liking fugly boats (tugs), cars (Dodge caravan), so what do I know.

WOW...retro 80's sled. My Uncle used to have one of those, from like 1986 or so. It was red.

Like a new car or truck. Seems most things are sold as "groups" for convenience. Popular options are grouped together and the price tag goes up. A buddy of mine wanted a Dodge Ram with a rubber floor. Seems simple, but it had to be specially ordered and built with others ordered as part of a fleet for some utility company. He just wanted a rubber/ vinyl floor that cleaned up easy when he went hunting.

Have him take a look at Ford. You can order a rubber floor as an option without doing anything special.

Have him take a look at Ford. You can order a rubber floor as an option without doing anything special.

The dealer is jerking him around, try another dealer.

Archived