Driving up to the Ottawa Valley (Gas & Motel Updates)

revrnd

I was up to visit friends @ their hunting camp SW of Mackey last week. I've got some observations/questions.

Is the Land O' Lakes Inn @ Cloyne open? No lights on & not a single vehicle around.

Closed sign @ the gas station just north of Mazinaw. Just a couple of skidders parked in the yard. This is the place that jacked up their gas prices big time.

It would appear that the McEwen has reopened in Denbigh.

The gas station in Pt. Alexander is closed.

There is an Esso station beside the Rolphton Motel.

The Mackey Motel had both a Closed & a No Vacancy sign on it.

Like most things in or near Ottawa...either broken, missing or defunct as a whole.

I was up to visit friends @ their hunting camp SW of Mackey last week. I've got some observations/questions.

Is the Land O' Lakes Inn @ Cloyne open? No lights on & not a single vehicle around.

Closed sign @ the gas station just north of Mazinaw. Just a couple of skidders parked in the yard. This is the place that jacked up their gas prices big time.

It would appear that the McEwen has reopened in Denbigh.

The gas station in Pt. Alexander is closed.

There is an Esso station beside the Rolphton Motel.

The Mackey Motel had both a Closed & a No Vacancy sign on it.

Land O Lake Hotel Closed......................McEwen Fuel OK..........Two Fuel stops in Griffith now, Lacourse Store and Resturant open

Revrnd is onto something here.

As we drive through Ontario, it makes sense to take note of out of the way motels, restaurants and gas stations. Post questions, get answers. (thanks Snotrax)

Up date via oc.com

(that's one way of explaining those receipts from 'out of the way' motels :lol: - research)

(that's one way of explaining those receipts from 'out of the way' motels :lol: - research)

Good thing Mrs. Canuck 'doesn't drink the Kool-Aid' :poke: :lol::lol::lol:

Canuck, I've usually got my GPS w/ me, so if I see a motel or gas station I'll mark a new waypoint.

Thanks for the update on the Land O' Lakes.

Good thing Mrs. Canuck 'doesn't drink the Kool-Aid' :poke: :lol::lol::lol:

Deerhurst gal that she is :lol:

Archived