River rats opening new trails to Brighton

dweese

This was on the radio few weeks back and nothing else...

A snowmobile club has been granted permission to clean up some unopened road allowances in rural Brighton for use as winter trails.

The Percy Boom River Rats snowmobile group has asked Brighton Council to be allowed to clear the allowances several times in the past.

The unopened road allowances will link to already used trails going up to Campbellford and beyond.

Nothing on the Club website and no return to my email....

Anyone around here know anymore? I would love to know where this is, would save me from putting the sled on the trailer everytime I want to go out.

District 3 meeting coming up in a few weeks, I'll post the skinny once I talk to the Rat lads :woot::woot:

Got an email back this afternoon from the club.. Come to the sept meeting to find out.

Got an email back this afternoon from the club.. Come to the sept meeting to find out.

Could be something their not ready to talk about publicly till it's all said and done, lots of greeny trouble over in the North Humberland forest area, with Great Pineridge SC being lumped in with the ATV club, and the damage that ATV's have caused over the past few years. I heard there could be or already is a substantial amount of sled trail miles lost.

Could be something their not ready to talk about publicly till it's all said and done, lots of greeny trouble over in the North Humberland forest area, with Great Pineridge SC being lumped in with the ATV club, and the damage that ATV's have caused over the past few years. I heard there could be or already is a substantial amount of sled trail miles lost.

Could be, or it could be their where surprised, Town Council finally green lighted it. I know they have asked many times to open up trails leading to Brighton and council would push it off until a spring meeting after its too late, to keep the tree huggers quiet. What ever happened I'm glad it did, and I hope it’s the trail I'm thinking of. If so makes my life easier. No more having to trailer 8 up the road, just fire up the sled out the garage door and a few hundred meters down the road and I'm off.

That sucks about the forest. Just like the sled community, lots of hard working people that have lost their fun, because some twits stupidly. :angry:

I know that happened behind my house. Few hundred acres of private land that was not part of a trail system but the owner had cut trails 20+ years ago for his own use and just let everyone else use it as well. Last spring a group of ATVs got stuck in the mud and instead of turning back and waiting a few weeks for things to dry up, they turned it in to a weekend mud race. Digging ruts several feet deep, hundreds of feet long. Now the owner has cut trees down blocking the trails so no one can use them anymore.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone found out more? I'm willing to bet it's the trails that run paralel to Carman Road from Shelter Valley Road towards Wooler.

Damn I forgot all about asking about this, I'll ask Jim next time I talk to him.

Archived