Snowmobiling in Ohio

maple

Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about snowmobiling in Ohio --- trail system, cost, etc.

Thanks! :wavey:

On past drives to Florida, I've always considered Ohio to be 'warm'. Basically, it feels like Ontario 'spring' weather down there in Feb.

I can't imagine they would have a long, or predictable, sledding season.

http://ohiodnr.com/tabid/21223/Default.aspx

Doesn't look like its work the trip - grand total of 145 miles of trails ACROSS THE WHOLE STATE :rotflmao:

Geneva State park has a 2 mile trail - WOO HOO sound like a blast :lol:

You can go the extra distance down to Paint Creek State park and thier 25 mile trail :crazy:

Really - why even bother making these trails? I

I think New Jersey has a 2 mile trail loop somewhere too. After you go around and around that a few times

you can at least go to one of the 10,000 malls in New Jersey and buy a nice pair of shoes. Not Sure Ohio can say the same thing.

I'm sure there's more than just that ...

http://www.firstgearmedia.com/OSSA/

I was hoping someone might have had first-hand experience snowmobiling in Ohio. :wavey:

there is a small private club near cleveland that has local trails but it is very expensive to ride and you must be a member to ride. some of the ohio locals may be able to chime in, but they really dont have a trail system as most of the land is private. and almost impossible to keep snow on due to their location. i wouldnt plan on a sledding trip there, for sure. look at the club info, their "ride in" get together was hosted in grayling michigan. ski

Thanks ski, Canuck and DooGTXFan for the input. Something to think about ... :coffeenose:

i drive 600 miles to wawa to get out of ohio to go skidooing. eastern ohio does get its share of snow thanks to lake erie but as was mentioned earlier it is still unpredictable and not much of a trail system over there. might be considered nice by someone from georgia (except for shivesy) but for anyone who rides much i think you would be disapointed. the lake erie islands are a good time in the summer but as for winter i would go the other direction. i could be wrong though, that happened once. :rotflmao:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived