4 Day Trip Northern Ontario Trip, Help!

leewald

We (three of us) are looking at leaving Wednesday (Feb 6) morning from Wawa. We would like to make it to Terrace Bay the first night. Is this possible? I know it is about 240 miles, which is not huge mileage, but I am not sure what the trail is like that direction. The second day we would like to head up Long Lake to Lonlac and then on to Manitouwadge or maybe Hornepayne. The third day back to Wawa. Is Terrace Bay to Lonlac open, is the lake OK? Should we stop at Hillsport the last night, then on to Wawa on Saturday? We would like to do a little bush riding and exploring along the way. I don't think we can do much of the the first day if we go to Terrace Bay, but the rest of the days do not look to difficult. Anything along the way we must do and/or see? Any opinions welcome.

Hey leewald..Welcome to the the forum.. I'm sure The Groomer Guy or Big Reg can help you.. If they don't see this thread, PM them and I am sure they can give you the info that you are looking forward.. Have fun on your trip.. Rick

The stretch between Marathon and Terrace Bay is very rocky and hilly with a bunch of hair pin turns. This is very slow going but it is very scenic and alot of fun to ride. I would call and check the conditions before you leave as this stretch takes alot of snow to cover the rocks and groom it.

Archived