OPP is watching i think

DooGTXFan

Driving home from the forest last Friday, halfway between Carnarvon and Bracebridge I passed an OPP patrol car going in the opposite direction.

A few minutes later he's on my bumper, and followed me for a couple of miles. Then he slows, turns around and heads off back in the direction he was originally going

As I wasn't going anywhere too fast as it was pouring rain and the roads were a bit slick, I'm pretty sure he was checking out my trailer and sled.

I know a few sleds have been stolen recently so hopefully its a sign that the OPP is on the lookout for them.

Hwy 118 between Carnarvon and Bracebridge is a huge OPP hotspot. They are looking for stolen trailers/ sleds, speeders and pretty much every other violator out there. Just last Summer, a stones throw from where the TOPB runs through Hwy 118 there was a massive grow op found and the "proprietors" had held several people (out ATV riding) hostage for several hours.

Pretty Scary!

That's amazing...we were through that way on Friday night and Sunday afternoon and never saw one cruizer!!! We didn't see too many trailers with sleds on them either....

I did notice that there were many drivers that thought they were on the autobahn....

i hear that the bracebridge opp are realy cracking down on sledders. they are checking to see if you have extenders on your mirror if u have an enclosed trailer, have read this on the net and have had some sledders tell me about it.

i hear that the bracebridge opp are realy cracking down on sledders. they are checking to see if you have extenders on your mirror if u have an enclosed trailer, have read this on the net and have had some sledders tell me about it.

Apparently it's been like that for a couple of seasons now.

I was pulled over on hwy 60 coming out of the park. I sped up for the hill :o he was in behind a snow bank. 30 sec later he took of in behind me. Followed me for about 5 minutes. I just wanted to be pulled be than.

My plate on the trailer is badly beaten. So that is why he through the cherries on. Just wanted all I.D. including the trailer ownership which was luckily in the trailer.

Got off with 22 kph over and thank him greatly. I was happy all the way home.

Timmer

New OPP game of chance. Follow sled trailer and flash lights. If sled trailer puller pulls over, drive past. If sled trailer puller doesn't pull over, he gets forced over and cited for failing to stop, no mirror extenders and anything else Mr OPP can come up with.

New OPP game of chance. Follow sled trailer and flash lights. If sled trailer puller pulls over, drive past. If sled trailer puller doesn't pull over, he gets forced over and cited for failing to stop, no mirror extenders and anything else Mr OPP can come up with.

Yeah, and I've got a pair of mirrors that can see around corners that I can sell you. :crazy:

Would love to see what happens when you brake hard, and he rear ends you. If anyone is following a trailer at a safe distance, they would be visible in the tow vehicles mirrors. Unless you are a Mini pulling a Haulmark or something....

Unless you are a Mini pulling a Haulmark or something....

I've seen some minivans towing 2 place enclosed Tritons (or similiar sled trailers). I don't think anything short of West Coast mirrors on extenders wonuld help.

A few seasons back we saw the rig of a esteemed member of the media parked @ New Liskeard. A minivan w/ a 2 place enclosed. I hope he stayed away from Bracebridge or Gravenhurst as any OPP seeing him would likely pull him over.

Archived