Gowganda – Quick’s Gowganda Lake Camp

SlowTouringGuy

February 2009

Quick’s is a ‘must-stay’ destination for anyone ending a day’s ride in the Gowganda vicinity. It is directly off the A107C trail as it crosses Gowganda Lake (staked to the door) close to the L136 junction and on Hwy 580. There are a number of cabins onsite. The cabin we had was a four bedroom cabin with two beds per room. No problem for 8 and with a couple of pull-outs in the living area, it can sleep 10. The living area was huge; very comfortable for 7. The kitchen and bathroom were modern and the whole building was clean as a whistle. The back deck is equipped with a Barbeque, and you’ve got satellite TV. The big kitchen was roomy enough for us all for dining and the subsequent card game. Gas pumps right on the property. Also on-site is a general store and LCBO agency. After gassing up the sled, step inside and buy the night’s Bevies on-site plus food if you want to prepare or snacks and other munchies to have with the Happy Hour. There are also soft goods available at the store and a small hardware section including oil and sled related goodies.

The owners/operators of Quick’s are Ron and Giselle. They are the epitome of gracious hosts. They are engaged with the clientele, interested in the sport, the trails, your trip, your opinions. Ron is also the president of the Elk Lake Club and Groomer operator to boot ! They are so warm and welcoming, you would never hesitate to stay there again. Ron accompanied us over to our cabin and helped familiarize us with the layout, answered questions, generally chatted and helped make us feel so welcome.

You have input on the eating times.. Food ? “What time do you want supper”, is the question posed by Giselle.” “7:30”, was our response to which she replied “I’ll bring it over at 7:30”. Sure enough, at 7:30 Giselle pulled into the driveway and delivered our meal. Delicious roast chicken, potatoes, vegetables, bread, and fresh pie and ice cream for desert. Prepared on site and delivered in cooking/serving dishes wrapped in foil.

And, enough that 7 hungry guys could not finish !

The choice for breakfast can be continental in the cabin or a hot meal served in the store. We chose the hot meal in the store. “What time do you want breakfast”, is the question posed by Giselle.” “7:30” was our response to which she replied “Then I’ll open the store shortly after 7:00 and get the coffee on. Feel free to wander over anytime after that and I’ll take you orders. Eggs done anyway you want them.” Breakfast was great !!

Ron and Giselle are two people you just simply want to do business with again.

If you ever, ever, get the opportunity to stay in Gowganda, stay at Quick’s Gowganda Lake Camp. It rates top marks for access, local trails, room, services, value and, especially, hospitality. I’ll be back for sure !

Quick’s Gowganda Lake Camp.

On trail A107C & L136

5 (?) cottages. General Store. LCBO agency, Gas on site.

We paid $55.00 per person including meals.

705-624-3446

Great report STG, totally agree with everything you say about Quick's!

We were unexpected arrivals there, Giselle kept the store open late for us, managed to put together a wonderful dinner for us and all without much notice. A truly great experience. They will always be one of the stops on our trips!

STG

Great report on Gowganda and great to hear as the wife and I are headed there first thing in the morning and add the 20 cms there calling for tommorrow plus -20s on the weekend and sunny :woot::woot: got the digi charged up and wiil send some pics

MM

STG

Great report on Gowganda and great to hear as the wife and I are headed there first thing in the morning and add the 20 cms there calling for tommorrow plus -20s on the weekend and sunny :woot::woot: got the digi charged up and wiil send some pics

MM

Yes, Please send Pix. If it's PDR in Gravenhurst and the trees are falling across the trails in Bracebridge, I'll need something to look at while I pour another pail of Scotch !

Enjoy the trails. I know you'll enjoy staying at Quick's.

February 2009

Quick’s is a ‘must-stay’ destination for anyone ending a day’s ride in the Gowganda vicinity. It is directly off the A107C trail as it crosses Gowganda Lake (staked to the door) close to the L136 junction and on Hwy 580. There are a number of cabins onsite. The cabin we had was a four bedroom cabin with two beds per room. No problem for 8 and with a couple of pull-outs in the living area, it can sleep 10. The living area was huge; very comfortable for 7. The kitchen and bathroom were modern and the whole building was clean as a whistle. The back deck is equipped with a Barbeque, and you’ve got satellite TV. The big kitchen was roomy enough for us all for dining and the subsequent card game. Gas pumps right on the property. Also on-site is a general store and LCBO agency. After gassing up the sled, step inside and buy the night’s Bevies on-site plus food if you want to prepare or snacks and other munchies to have with the Happy Hour. There are also soft goods available at the store and a small hardware section including oil and sled related goodies.

The owners/operators of Quick’s are Ron and Giselle. They are the epitome of gracious hosts. They are engaged with the clientele, interested in the sport, the trails, your trip, your opinions. Ron is also the president of the Elk Lake Club and Groomer operator to boot ! They are so warm and welcoming, you would never hesitate to stay there again. Ron accompanied us over to our cabin and helped familiarize us with the layout, answered questions, generally chatted and helped make us feel so welcome.

You have input on the eating times.. Food ? “What time do you want supper”, is the question posed by Giselle.” “7:30”, was our response to which she replied “I’ll bring it over at 7:30”. Sure enough, at 7:30 Giselle pulled into the driveway and delivered our meal. Delicious roast chicken, potatoes, vegetables, bread, and fresh pie and ice cream for desert. Prepared on site and delivered in cooking/serving dishes wrapped in foil.

And, enough that 7 hungry guys could not finish !

The choice for breakfast can be continental in the cabin or a hot meal served in the store. We chose the hot meal in the store. “What time do you want breakfast”, is the question posed by Giselle.” “7:30” was our response to which she replied “Then I’ll open the store shortly after 7:00 and get the coffee on. Feel free to wander over anytime after that and I’ll take you orders. Eggs done anyway you want them.” Breakfast was great !!

Ron and Giselle are two people you just simply want to do business with again.

If you ever, ever, get the opportunity to stay in Gowganda, stay at Quick’s Gowganda Lake Camp. It rates top marks for access, local trails, room, services, value and, especially, hospitality. I’ll be back for sure !

Quick’s Gowganda Lake Camp.

On trail A107C & L136

5 (?) cottages. General Store. LCBO agency, Gas on site.

We paid $55.00 per person including meals.

705-624-3446

• 3 weeks later...

we stayed with ron and giselle over march break 2 dads and sons ,we opted to do our own dinners but have breakfast at the lodge,man was that a good choice, hat's off to giselle for the breakfast .tim really enjoyed his french toast with the home made maple syrup.

the cottage was perfect, showers were hot with enough for all of us to have one,beds were really comfy with the -20 deg nights we had the cottage was nice and warm in the morning.

the help they gave us on were to go riding was invaluable the majority of the trails were awesome,

saturday we went to timmins for lunch,that was a 408 km day

thanks again ron and giselle

al,tim

bill ,ben

Archived